Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I am in so much pain :( someone please help

My stomach hurts so bad. Sharp stabbing pain and I feel nauseous. Help me please. I am crying because the pain is so intense. I had to leave work. It came out of nowhere ;( I'm so scared. I cannot sit up straight and moving makes it worse. I tried going to the bathroom. Nothing is helping. Please I feel awful
    Last edited by DeadxxInside92; 10-24-2012 at 07:31 PM.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

Default Re: I am in so much pain :( someone please help

Eat some saltine crackers if you can! Or drink flat ginger ale.

or peppermint tea

Would ice help?

I'm trying to eat I can't though. I can't get my mind off the pain. It's like crippling pain where as soon as it starts, I have to stop whatever I'm doing and grip something really really hard or dig my nails into my skin until it passes. Has anyone experienced something similar? I was thinking it may be gas but I have never felt this much pain when it turns out to be something as trivial as gas pains.
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

I think I am going to try ice or heat...or something.
    My shadow

keep trying to use the bathroom. I was having these types of pain earlier and at first I couldn't go but later I was able to and felt sooo much better afterwards

Did it start out okay and then get worse? Or was it all off a sudden? I had something like that a while ago, and while it was terrible, I didn't actually V. Hope that's what it is...

It was really sudden. The pain is just causing me to feel nauseous and it's making me panic. I'm just trying to relax.
    My shadow

IT could be IBS, where abouts in the Stomach is your pain. Pain that moves around usually indicated trapped wind. Pain in the bottom part of your stomach by your groing could be IBS.
    Have some Herbal Tea, take some paracetamol and see if it goes away.

It doesn't sound like you're sick (though I'm no expert). Do the ice and heat work?

Hey dead,
    Are you ok, Hun? Typically when I get sharp stabbing pains like that it's usually horrific gas pains and the only thing that makes it stop is trying to break up the bubbles so they come out one end or the other. I also usually lay real still on by back with both hands on my belly both for pressure and warmth.
    Let us know how you're doing.....
    Jennifer

Where on your stomach does it hurt? Is it sharp and stabbing, or is it more radiating? Can you touch your stomach?
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Aw hun, that's terrible..... I've had it happen to me before, usually it's extreme gas pressure, or because I've let myself get too hungry from not eating. Once it starts it's hard to get rid of, yes. Normally I lay down or get into a comfortable position and listen to some relaxing music. I've got a whole playlist of gentle piano instrumentals to chill me out. I do some very very slow and gentle breathing, and very light tummy rubbing, and once it subsides a little bit, I have a small snack, pop a tums just in case, and get myself thinking on something else, usually I distract myself with computer puzzle games with some music, or reading, or chatting on Facebook with a friend. The more stimulation mentally, the more distracted I am and the sooner I seem to feel better. Good luck hun!

If it's shooting between your belly button and chest it could be gastritis. I've had a really intense pain like that before that was accompanied by n* and I had to go to the ER for morphine. I really hope that's not the case for you and it's just gas or an IBS attack. I hope you feel better, heating pads always help if it's IBS or gas for me.

I ended up taking a few sleeping pills that shortly knocked me out. I woke up about 40 mins ago free of pain. I'm hesitant to eat today. I have no idea what set that off yesterday but tonight I must work a double since I did not last night and I would like to avoid that same thing from happening!! Thanks for your concern and responses everyone. I really appreciate it
    My shadow

I'm glad you feel better! I was asking all those questions to rule out appendicitis But I'm so glad that it's gone!

As a side note, it could have been anything, even stress. My aunt used to get so stressed when she was younger that she'd be on the couch with her stomach hurting so badly she couldn't move. Also when I was about four or five I had such awful stomach pains that my dad rushed me to the ER! I just had to fart :P

Try and relax today, rest in the dressing room when you can and drink plenty of water and you'll be fine!

I get pains like that when I get d* it always freaks me out.

Thanks for the replies! You guys always come through for me Anya, yeah I was okay today. I was tweaking I had appendicitis last night until the sleeping pills kicked in lol. I did not eat today though...well not until I got home at least. I still did not work a double because we were not busy at all. I'm going to bed shortly though...exhausted.
    My shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Cynna View Post
    I think reading all of the threads about appendicitis are contagious. I had a pain today, thought it was that, then it went away a minute later. I heard that a test for appendicitis is to lay on the couch and lift you leg straight into the air. It it is your appendix, you will not be able to do it without strangling someone.
    Yeah. Also I had appendicitis a few months ago and there is really NO DOUBT in your mind that you have it when you do. You can barely stand or breathe without it hurting, mine hurt for ten hours before I went to the ER. It is unmistakable. Just to ease everyone's minds, if you're not pretty positive it's appendicitis, it most likely is not!