Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Not feeling well.

Hi, I'm new on the forums because sometimes I lurk around, but I just made an account because I'm freaking out a little! I apologize if I don't know the proper woulds people usually *-out and all that.

I've been feeling ill for the past three days, and it's like... my stomach feels hard and gross and I get headaches and an ill feeling in my throat, and I have little appeal for food right now. I've basically been living off mints, gravol, tylenol cold & sinus, and my anxiety meds.

It started when I went to school, I am on immunosuppressants because I have an autoimmune disease, so my immune system is very weak and I can catch things so easily and when I do they are harsh, so you can imagine how awful that must be for someone who is absolutely TERRIFIED of being sick. I would rather like, freeze to death than v*.

I'm not sure if it's my anxiety disorder making me feel more ill than I do, but I've been sleeping so much and I just want it to stop I want to stop feeling sick, what are some drinks and food that can help? I've been drinking peppermint tea, too... I'm just really, really scared. I've never taken an OTC anti-emetic...? If that's what it is called? If anyone can give me a name of some anti-nausea OTC medicine (in Canada), I could ask my mom to go get it for me. I just. Need to talk to someone right now.

Default Re: Not feeling well.

welcome to the forum and sorry youre having a rough time right now.

dramamine is over the counter......a travel sickness pill.....they have a non drowsy formula and a regular. bonine is the same thing...i'm sure they have one of those in canada. there are also bracelets called sea bands that are supposed to help also...i have never tried those.

i prefer ginger tea to peppermint.....it really is a good stomach calmer. also ginger candies....i find those at the health food stores usually. ginger has been used for years for nausea so you might want to give it a try.

are you constipated? being that you said your stomach feels "hard" that might be the issue and it can definitely cause nausea....but also "hard" stomach muscles can mean anxiety cause your muscles tend to tighten up.

hope that you find some relief soon.......but there's always someone here if you need to talk
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Not feeling well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynna View Post
    Anyone try Emetrol?
    I have and it tastes awful and is like sipping sugar.