Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Prozac

Default Prozac

Hello,

I have been on Prozac for just over 20 years, without a break. My Doctor suggested earlier this year that I try to slowly come off it. I was very reluctant to do this because of my emet, but on the other hand I would love to come off it too! I definatley won't be trying this over the winter as it's my worst time, but I think I might make it a New Years Resloution. Has anyone else been on Prozac long term and come off it? I just want to know what to expect really in terms of side effects, panic attacks and anxiety. Obvoiously if I get bad again I will go back on it, but I'd like to try.

Default Re: Prozac

i've been on and off it several times since 1990......currently i'm back on it and will definitely stay atleast through winter. i've been on 20mgs for all these years. the last time i went off....after being on for like 4 years straight the only issue i had were brain zaps every once and a while.....not bad or anything ....just little "snaps" it felt like. but no n, headaches or anything like that.

it's worth a shot for you.....i think the longest i have totally been off it was 2 years......i can feel when i need to start back....it's like i start slipping back into the emet thoughts more and more......
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.