Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Question About the Movie "Pitch Perfect"

I've heard that there are really bad scenes in this movie, but I've really been wanting to see it. Is there anyone here that has seen it and can describe what it looks like? I know this is really gross, but how realistic does it look, color, texture, etc. That's a big factor in if I'm able to handle scenes in movies. If it looks really fake, I might be able to handle it.

Thank you!

Default Re: Question About the Movie "Pitch Perfect"

wow! I actually don't really mind v* in movies as I know it's not contagious! LMAO

I saw the film and was caught off guard by the v* scene. Yes, there's a couple of very graphic scenes, and I admit to covering my eyes. I hope I'm not overstepping any boundaries but it's kind of orangey and looks like baby food more than anything... sorry if I'm grossing anybody out. I thought it was a funny movie though, but you can tell (you have fair warning) when the girl will be sick. It's Aubrey, I think her name is, who vomits, just for your information.

It's not that bad, the only reason I had to cover my eyes is because it caught me so off guard! There's a couple of barfing scenes and the second one was fine, and it was the "snow angel" one which was gross but I was okay, and I really don't like seeing people sick in films/tv shows.

It's a really funny movie, so I hope you do go see it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

Thank you for the responses! I'm a little hesitant, but I really want to give this movie a try because I love a cappella and I've heard there's a lot of funny lines. At least I'm a little more prepared for it now.

The first v* part is the opening scene, and then there's not another one I don't think until towards the end, or maybe in the middle(ish). I always find it's easier to see movies where there's v* scenes when I know they're coming and I'm at least a little prepared, as opposed to when I'm completely caught off guard!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

Skyfall is a awesome movie - i saw it yesterday. no v* scenes.
    i was really on edge and kind of twitchy and had a few palpitations but i always get it at the movies, not sure why but i've been the same for as long as i can remember. also it's sooo action packed that it does get your adrenaline going. my bf isn't the anxious kind but even he had sweaty palms in the first 10mins - in a good way though. It;s a great place to experience adrenaline that would usually make you panic but know that actually you are perfectly safe.