Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Hi I'm new

Unhappy Hi I'm new

Hello, I decided last night to google fear of v and came up with alot of information and a name for what I thought I alone suffered. I thought I was crazy to be like this, going to extremes not to be sick.Yeah I stay away from other sick ppl so I'm a germaphobe too, washing hands constantly and staying away from sick ppl. I always have at least a twelve pack of ginger ale in my apartment at all times. I don't have a car so take busses and one day there was a woman who got sick all down the aisle of the bus. I can't forget that and now am having a hard time taking busses.I'm an arachnophobe (spiders for those who might not know what that one is) I also have had chronic Fatigue Syndrome for four years now, so I catch illnesses very easily due to my imune system. I'm a wreck. I see a councelor whom I haven't told yet about my emitophobia. I'm afraid to tell anyone about this. This is the first time for me admitting to this tho I have had this fear just about all of my life. I'm alone and lonely most of the time due to CFS and the v fobia seems to have gotten worse now that I have all this alone time. I have so many problems, depression from lonliness and my fears and don't know if I'll ever get back to any kind of normality. I know I should tell my councelor but I don't know if I will.I think there's a chatroom here but I can't find how to get into it. Also posting is a somewhat new experience for me. I do prefer live chatrooms. Ok now that that is all out, this is the hardest thing I've ever had to tell. Pushing the submit button is the hardetst thing to do lol I just keep re-reading the insanity. Well.......here goes.......

Default Re: Hi I'm new

Welcome to the group Alottafobias and trust me...you are NOT alone!

You need to be honest with your counselor. I had to be with mine and as irrational as it seems to ME, it wasn't to her (or at least she didn't let it on). I was able to vent to her and discuss all my fears and when I got it out in the open it felt so much better!! I also had to be honest with my Dr and I got on meds for my depression and anxiety and I feel (on most days) able to get thru the day without probs.

Hello, I'm new too. I didn't even know anyone could have the fear of vomiting til I literally woke up *v. After that it was all downhill. I can tell you one thing, I've dealt with it for a very long time and I'm starting to get better. It's a working process and a daily struggle. Every night I seem to come to this forum and read so i know I'm not alone. Because for sooo many years I thought I was!! Keep your head up!! Hopefully this website will help you out like it has me. Good luck!!

Hi there, I am new too!! I have kids and I have spent the last few weeks in a state of total panic!! My fears get worse at night, when most kids are sick! I would rather face a million spiders than be sick, but usually after I have been I think " well that's not too bad!!" but within a few days the anxiety kicks in again! I am on this site to try and find some ideas to rationalise and help be put these fears into perspective. And to learn how to cope in the v* situation!! Ur not alone!! (ooh sounds like the X files lol)

Nesstabbycat I too hate the nite and why is it that the kids always get sick at nite?? I had a panic attack that scored 10+ on the scale Saturday nite when my 8yr old had an episode of *v*. My whole body started to shake where I could hardly walk and my teeth were chattering like crazy!! I was succumbed by fear!! Thank God my hubby took care of it and sat with him. All it was...GORGING OF FOOD!!! He went to a Halloween party ate ate like a pig and then came home and stuffed himself with dinner and his tummy said NO WAY YOU CAN'T DO THIS and you know the rest. He was fine afterwards! Kids!!!! But I was a mess. If the *sv* wasn't contagious I think I would be ok but it likes to make its way thru households and the thought of my toddler getting this causes anxiety I don't know how I make it thru the day OR nite. Rationalizing never helps. Telling myself to "grow up" doesn't help either. Living in an state of anxiety is causing me such grief.