Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Will I be okay?

Default Will I be okay?

If my mum ever makes me dinner, I often ask her how long its been cooked for (nervous habit) but usually she just tells me to check if its hot and if it is, it'll be fine. I did this and it was hot so I ate the lasagna but then I saw her put hers back in the microwave, I asked her again and she told me she only put it in for three and that she never checked the box. So I then go and check the box and it said it should have been in for five minutes. To a non-emet person, this might not seem like a big deal but I started crying and freaking out because I'm now scared I'll get food poisoning. My mum just started shouting at me to stop being so stupid and refusing to eat hers if I'm gonna be this way, so I came up to my room, couldn't find anything on the internet to reassure me so I came here. I can feel a panic attack come on as I type this. I'm also quite angry with my mum because she knows about my phobia, she knows how I can be, so what was so difficult about reading a box? Will I be okay after eating the lasagna do you think? Thanks for anyone who reads/replies, I'm so thankful for this website!

Default Re: Will I be okay?

No you will be fine I promise. I know what you mean about worrying though.
    Tumblr :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~

Thank you so much!

You'll be just fine Stacey. Those microwavable meals are pre-cooked - you're just reheating them. If it WAS hot all the way through then it'll be just fine. Remember that different microwaves cook at different powers (depending on their power (w) rating).....I always over cook my reheats at work because the microwave is so much more powerful that ours at home and so stuff should be cooked for shorter times.

agreed, you will be fine. I've spent so many hours worrying about something that I ate because I suspected that it may have been a tad undercooked, only to end up not getting sick and wasting time worrying...

i know you will be fine.....meals like that are already cooked thoroughly and you are just reheating.
    how i feel about emet