Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Worried

Default Worried

Hi everyone, i have been afraid of nausea and v for about 13 years now, my son started v on Monday morning and only stopped today now my 2yr old son has started and my husband feels sick. I am in such a panic about getting sick i have hardly eaten a thing all week so i was looking on the net to see how long it would take to show any symptoms and i found a youtube video about Emetophobia, watched it and it was like the girl was inside my head telling my story. I thought i was crazy being afraid to v and no one in my family gets me. I feel a little better knowing there is a name for what i have and im not alone, i feel so alone. So my son was told he had gastro (sv) its been in our house now for 6 days i have been the one emptying the buckets and cleaning the floor and wiping bottoms do you think i'm still at risk or would i have it by now. I don.t want to go to bed all i can think of is waking up with the urge to vomit.

Tara

Default Re: Worried

Hey Tara welcome to the site. You'll find a lot of people on here who feel exactly the same way as you do. Really sorry you're going through a tough spell. It must be awful having sv in the house. Only thing to do is keep up really good hand and food hygiene and bleach everything like crazy! And good for you for managing to deal with it - I know I couldn't! x

If your other son and husband are already experiencing symptoms and you're not - but you're the one who's been doing the all the cleaning up etc - chances are you're not going to get it. FINGERS CROSSED! just keep up good hygeine...and maybe don't share a bed with your hubby till he's better? do you have more that one bathroom so you don't have to share a bathroom?

I am so sorry! This happened to our family in Feb 2012 and it was a nightmare. Unfortunately I got it from my 2 year old son because he literally vomited on me while I was holding him. I didn't have a chance. Our entire house got this like the plague. However, we all came down sick within 48 hours of my son getting it, so chances are if you have gone this long without getting it, you might be able to avoid it. Just keep bleaching like crazy, don't touch your hands to any part of your face, and wash your hands constantly. Oh yea, and don't share a bed with anyone until they have been well for several days. Goodluck. Keep us posted!

Thanks everyone i made it through another night without getting sick, i slept on the couch last night, we only have the one bathroom so i have been cleaning like crazy. I feel ok i suffer from IBS, anxiety and depression and my IBS gets bad when i stress so i think thats why i have had some stomach aches. I just want this virus to leave my family and my house i can't take much more, this week has been such a struggle for me. We are going away in a week i hope its gone by then.