Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Rant - bugs everywhere at the moment!

This is a pretty pointless post, but I just need to vent I guess. It seems everywhere I turn recently there is someone with a sv* or something. Every bloody time I log onto facebook I'm bombarded with "been up all night sick, got a nasty bug, it's coming out both ends etc" Why do people feel the need to tell facebook? Reading those just make me worry so much, even though I hardly come in contact with any sick people I have on facebook. But then last night I stayed at my boyfriends and today I thought his brother was being quite, which is unusual for him cause he usually annoys the hell out of me. Then I heard his mum on the phone saying he was unwell, had a sore head, n*, achy bones etc, then she said "bugs are everywhere just now, so many people are off at work" So I left my boyfriends house and came home, only to find that my mum is feeling the exact same!! WHAT!? And to make matters even worse, she's been on my laptop, so I just feel like her germs are everywhere! I'm supposed to be going round to my friends tonight but I just cba, I just want to curl up in a ball, I feel so dizzy and yuk, could just cry. Sorry, I just needed to let that rant out aha

Default Re: Rant - bugs everywhere at the moment!

I hate facebook for that and I know exactly how you feel i am going through the same thing right now. I'm in the chat room if you wanna talk

Yes, every time I log on to my FB this week its someone complaining about the SV they have. It is freaking me out> I wish I could lock myself inside until March and quarantine my entire family too, but unfortunately that's not realistic. I hate this time of year. Major anxiety of the SV.

Tis the season for many illnesses, not just sv.

Lauren, I know, I hate facebook for that reason, someone tonight's complaining they have food poisoning, arrrgh! Sorry, I went out straight after that post, I'm on chat now though but I think I missed you!
    I hate this time of year too, illnesses are always worse this time of year, I just want it to be summer time again!

I have had 2 colds within a month. the first one I had a fever for 2 days and had the cough and congestion for 2 weeks and never was n*.

I just got another one that started 3 days ago with a horrible cough and sinus drainage and no n*

Things affect people differently, that's how I try to look at it sometimes.

Influenza can cause n* for some people. Usually mild for adults but it's not only the sv* that's going around.

luckily here in CA we have mild weather most of the time so we don't have to stay inside as much

That's horrible! See, when I have a cold or anything I'm never n* or that either, I just hate feeling horrible, and even when I do have a cold I panic and end up feeling n*! It's just all in my head! I know it's not just that that's going around, but most people are claiming to have a bug, probably self diagnosed but yeah. Ahh, I'm from Scotland, in the UK and the weathers terrible, we have to get snow soon apparently!

I'm in Australia, its mid spring here and there is still sv* going around. I personally don't think I will ever escape it either! But I guess your right, in Autumn and Winter its much more virulent. Best of luck, wash those hands and you'll be fine!

Yea my good friend and her daughter lie in Australia and they just got over a vicious sv* that put her toddler in the hospital for 4 days. I love Australia but I'm so glad I'm not there right now!

It seems to be everywhere at the moment Oh yeah, I rarely hear about them in Summer, even though they're still there... weird! Thank you, I'm going crazy with the hand washing and sanitizing just now haha!

Quote Originally Posted by allilove View Post
    Yea my good friend and her daughter lie in Australia and they just got over a vicious sv* that put her toddler in the hospital for 4 days. I love Australia but I'm so glad I'm not there right now!
    Oh thats awful...hand washing and sanitizing frenzy

Yep, Ayers Rock.

I think the main reason why this bug spreads like wildfire is that a lot of people are too lazy too wash their hands after going to the bathroom, even when they are ill. It`s not fair on people who do follow the hygeine rules because all we have to do is touch a suface or handle money that`s contaminated by them to be infected.

Quote Originally Posted by hairyfairy View Post
    I think the main reason why this bug spreads like wildfire is that a lot of people are too lazy too wash their hands after going to the bathroom, even when they are ill. It`s not fair on people who do follow the hygeine rules because all we have to do is touch a suface or handle money that`s contaminated by them to be infected.
    Most people don't realize that they are still contagious, they think once the symptoms are over, they are no longer contagious. So, I don't think it is that they don't care, I think they just don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by hairyfairy View Post
    I agree with you! My mum's stuck in bed with a terrible flu right now and she doesn't even cover her mouth when she coughs, actually disgusts me! I see it all the time, last week I was in a public toilet in town and this girl came in, went to the toilet and walked straight out, without washing her hands! I was mortified. But then again, these people probably aren't like us emets and worry about catching and spreading everything!