Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default seriously doubt anyone's awake but...HELPPPPPP

just need reassurance that I won't get sick before I go to bed, but it's already 3:47 am soooo pretty sure everyone in the US is sleeping by now! I drank tonight, had 4 shots of tequila, 40% (whatever that means...is that the proof?) and I weigh 110 lbs, however, pretty sure I've lost some weight. I just really can't go to sleep until I feel 100% sober. I can't tell if I'm still drunk, or if I'm just really tired, but the last thing I wanna do is attempt to go to bed and then realize that I'm still really drunk and need to get up and v*. I'm scared. I've been drinking water and eating pretzels, but now I just feel full. Ugh, I wish someone would answer this, and I REALLY wish that someone was in the chat right now.

Earlier, I had a complete break down with my friends. I got SO drunk, and haven't been that drunk in like 2 years, and freaked out because I automatically assumed that I would get sick later. I was hysterically crying and bugging out, because I figured that if I was able to just cry so freely with my friends, then I was obviously pretty drunk (I'm usually not able to cry in front of people). I don't know. I really shouldn't drink anymore, not worth the freak out (even though I find something to freak out about every day regardless). Yeah. Wish someone was awake right now. Will probably be up for a VERY long time, even though I'm getting so tired HELP.

Default Re: seriously doubt anyone's awake but...HELPPPPPP

Going into Chat now....if you're still there.

I'm awake! Its only 6:54pm in Australia.
    Listen the best advice I can give you, is try and rest. Elevate your head a bit so your shoulders are above your heart. That way if your a bit dizzy from the alcohol later it won't be as bad as laying flat. Or just stay up until your sober and sleep later. I'm a bit like you, can't sleep properly if im drunk. You'll be fine, four shots of tequila is a bit, but it could be worse. Since you didn't mix I'd say you will be fine. Mixing is the worst for your stomach more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinetic View Post
    I'm awake! Its only 6:54pm in Australia.
    Listen the best advice I can give you, is try and rest. Elevate your head a bit so your shoulders are above your heart. That way if your a bit dizzy from the alcohol later it won't be as bad as laying flat. Or just stay up until your sober and sleep later. I'm a bit like you, can't sleep properly if im drunk. You'll be fine, four shots of tequila is a bit, but it could be worse. Since you didn't mix I'd say you will be fine. Mixing is the worst for your stomach more than anything.
    thank you!! I'm soooooo tired but I'll probably stay up until i'm 100% sober...drinking is totally not worth this

also--just wanted to say how happy I am that this website exists...there is no better place to come when I'm in a panic and need reassurance. seriously. so grateful.

I know, its a deadset miracle

If you really weigh 110 pounds, 4 shots of tequila could get you to 0.165% blood alcohol concentration. If you are down to 105 pounds, then they would get you to 0.173%. If you only weigh 100 pounds, then they would get you to 0.182%. If the drinks were slightly more generous than the recipe calls for, in which case you had 5 drinks, then even if you weight 110 pounds, it would put your BAC over 0.2%, which is the level at which you can expect to do some puking.

Some sources say "vomiting usually occurs" at 0.12% (http://www.lmu.edu/Page25066.aspx)

This newspaper reports a girl hospitalized with vomiting and a BAC of 0.127%: http://nevadasagebrush.com/blog/2011...with-high-bac/

A website says "vomiting common" at 0.13-0.15% (http://www.lifeloc.com/measurement.aspx)

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Doug, by the way she is typing I doubt she is that intoxicated now and the alcohol would have well and truly left her stomach. And she might have had them over quite a period of time.
    Those are some interesting facts though, explains why my friend got very ill a few weekends ago!

I don't know how an emet can drink without consulting a blood alcohol calculator http://bloodalcoholcalculator.org/
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

I've never EVER consulted a blood alocohol calculator!!!

I know my limits - I know what I can and cannot drink and what makes me feel unwell. I drink wine, cider or beer, never together and I seldom drink more than 4.

I ended up being fine, although I got maybe an hour of sleep. Still feel pretty yucky, and was quite hungover for the majority of the morning. I actually had d* RIGHT after I ate dinner, which kind of freaked me out. I'm currently eating mango but I'm nervous it will upset my stomach. It feels fine now, but I never know with my body

Mango mango mango! No way a mango could upset my stomach
    Its okay, we are all so in tune with our bodies it can be confusing to know whats anxiety and whats actually legitimate, especially when it comes to a sv*.