Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Intestine cramps and trouble swallowing?

Okay, so as most of you know, this morning was fairly traumatic with my Mom forcing me into the car despite me REFUSAL because I have a panic attack when I go on car rides and I feel car sick. I got through that and came home, and was all happy, so I scarfed down a bunch of tortilla chips with buffalo sour cream dip, and a couple micro twix bars for trick-or-treaters in a few days. About 25 minutes later my stomach started hurting and I (gross) belched a couple times and felt a little better so I thought I had sucked in a ton of air while vacuuming in the junk I was eating. When dinner was out of the oven, about an hour after I ate all the junk food and the tummy ache subsided mostly, I had a bowl of oven-baked mac and cheese, and once I had successfully eaten it, I though, oh hey, this is great I feel better! But then I tried to swallow and felt like, for some reason I couldn't, or at least, not all the way. So I started to panic and realized my stomach hurt again, and immediately I jumped to the fact that I was out shopping today and I MUST'VE gotten SV germ somewhere. Then I realized my face is extremely red and flush and my skin is burning hot to the touch, so I assume I have a fever. I take my temperature and it says 99 degrees, which makes me worry. Now I've realized when I stand up to put the thermometer away I've got bad intestinal cramps, like if you sit curled up too long and stretch out, it feels like my insides are being pulled, it's doing that a little, and it's just, I don't know what, maybe gas, maybe something else? I'm just never ever ever at ease.... thank you all for putting up with me all the time!!

(additional details) I've skipped my time of the month by about a week, they're all over the place as far as being regular, maybe I'm getting pre-period cramps? I don't usually cramp until I'm already bleeding to death.... so I don't know!!
    Last edited by RosieRoo; 10-28-2012 at 08:01 PM.

Default Re: Intestine cramps and trouble swallowing?

I think you ate way to much heart burn causing food. First off the feeling of not being able to swallow is acid reflux or you might call it heart burn. Second Mac and cheese is very rich that might have not been a great idea. Your temp is up from anxiety I'm sure. You need to sit down relax with some ginger ale or sprite and take an antacid. I bet you will feel way better after that. I don't think your sick just too much rich spicy food.

It's not heartburn Natie, I assure you..... I know heartburn when I have it. There's no acid reflux either. I'm feeling a bit better now, I can swallow normally now, but I'm still pretty warm and I've got the intestine cramps..... it'll probably be gone when I wake up tomorrow.

thanks Cynna.... I dunno what it was, but I can swallow normally now. I've heard sometimes people get really hot in temperature when that time of the month comes around, so maybe it's happening for me?

99 isn't considered a temp. My temp goes up when I'm having a panic attack, and my face gets red like that. Anxiety can even cause the swallowing thing, if you are thinking you don't feel good, you start to feel that way, you know. Plus, all of that food is not very healthy, it's greasy, and that could def. upset your stomach. Congrats on getting out of the house though! I doubt you caught anything. Hang in there!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It'll definitely be related to your period.