Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Feeling horrible for a few days, not getting better

First time poster here. Hi guys.

It's 3am, Monday morning. On Saturday morning, I got sudden d*. It came out of nowhere. No cramps, no pain. Just the urge to go. It lasted a little over an hour and I felt off the rest of the day. I felt pretty n* all of that night as well. Yesterday, however, I felt TERRIBLE. Very lightheaded, very n*, my back hurt. I felt very s*. While I was out with my boyfriend, we stopped at a store. While there, I suddenly had the VERY strong urge to t* u*. I had to lean against my boyfriend because I felt like I was going to fall. It was horrible. I felt so bad I almost went to the hospital. We came back home where I gained a mild fever (99.8) as well as severe lightheadedness and body aches. It eventually subsided a bit and I was able to down a little soup and crackers, which was really all I ate.

I fell asleep last night pretty easily, though still feeling gross. I woke up just a few minutes ago feeling n* and panicky. My stomach feels acidic. I haven't really slept too well or eaten in two days now, so I'm sure that's worsening it.

What do you guys think this is? Everyone I know keeps saying "if it hasn't happened yet, it won't." But I thought similar yesterday. I thought "Well, the d* is over and I feel hungry. I must be fine!" And look how my afternoon turned out. I'm really scared and I feel very s*. I don't even feel like I'm thinking straight but lack of food and sleep can do that. Right now I'm drinking water and ginger tea, trying to stay calm and warm.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Feeling horrible for a few days, not getting better

Hey, how are you feeling now? It doesn't sound as though it could be a tummy bug, it might be a bit of flu cos I can feel like that with flu, it's horrible. I'm sure you won't v* though, you would have done it by now.
    Is anyone else around you ill? Just try to relax and don't stress over eating, a few days without much food won't do you any harm, just try and drink plenty of water if you can. Have you taken any medication for how you're feeling? If you're feeling s* then the best thing to do is brush your teeth or have a mint. And maybe stand near a window to get some fresh air, and just try to distract yourself as best you can. I hope you're alright. X

Thank you. The nausea goes and comes throughout the day and night, but I fight through it. I've been living off of bread and crackers, ginger tea and water. I am almost positive this is some kind of viral illness, I just FEEL sick. My body aches, my neck and back hurt, etc. I've been constipated since Sunday, though. Which, believe it or not, is pretty usual for me.

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. I'll finally figure out what's bothering me so much.

It sounds like a mild stomach bug. I agree with your friends: if *it* was going to happen, it would have happened by now.

Dehydration can cause a lot of those symptoms as well. Especially if you felt that way after an afternoon with d*.

Update:

I've still been having nausea the past few days, but nothing extreme. Although I've been having new symptoms. I've been having TERRIBLE neck, back and head pains. It feels like searing pain going up my spine, through my neck and all across my head. It's like nothing I've felt before. I saw my actual doctor yesterday and he told me it sounds like some kind of flu but that if it doesn't get better, I need to come back.

Last night I felt okay, slight soreness, but it was better than the past few days. I woke up a few minutes ago feeling fine, went to get some cereal and out of nowhere my stomach started cramping up. The pain is in the middle of my abdomen. If feels a bit like gas or diarrhea cramps. As expected, I'm freaking out again because of it.

With neck and back pain like that, I would go to the hospital and find out if it's meningitis. One of the teachers I work with had it last year, and he was in terrible back and neck pain. Do you have a fever? I don't want to alarm you, but if it is something serious, you want to take care of it sooner rather than later. I hope you are feeling better now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The highest temp I've had since this started was 99.9. Both doctors told me if it was Meningitis, my symptoms would be MUCH worse and I would look like I'm on my death bed.

I'm glad you've seen more than one doctor, and glad that is was ruled out. I hope you feel better! Has it improved at all?

I had a friend who was coming into uni and thought he was just really under the weather, then he stayed off as we convinced him it might be flu and he shouldn't spread it around. He didn't get better and went to hospital who said he had meningitis. Also not trying to scare you but symptoms aren't always boac an white.
    How are you around light and do you have any rashes on your body? maybe get someone to check your back for you.

He also got pneumonia from the same bacteria that caused his meningitis - it was the respiratory symptoms that made us all think it was flu.

Update

My nausea has subsided quite a bit, as did my head/neck/back pain. I still get tinges of pain in my neck and head every now and then, but it's nowhere near as bad as before. I'm still gonna keep an eye on it in case anything comes back.

No rashes, but I've always been pretty sensitive to bright light. I'm feeling much more normal now than I did when the onset of symptoms occurred.

How has everything been SP?
    Are you feeling better now?