Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: other fears?

Default other fears?

I`m wondering if other members are freaked out my anything other than v, Iv`e always felt freaked out by blood, & it`s all I can do not to pass out if I do come across any which is very, very rare. The only time I do see it is when I nick myself shaving my legs. I can watch a dracula or other horror movie because the blood doesn`t seem realistic, but if I see it in say, a war movie & someone is shot in the chest & coughs up blood I have to look away. If I`m watching a movie that I`ve seen before & I know what`s coming I go & make some tea or take a bathroom break. If it`s a rcording I put it on fast forward & close my eyes. I don`t know how I got this fear, but the strange thing is that I wanted to be a doctor when I was a kid! can you believe that!

Default Re: other fears?

Any kind of human bodily fluid kind of thing freaks me out. I have a lot of dogs though and if one of them gets cut or sneezes on me or something im fine ... Im also afraid of like ghosts or paranormal stuff. Oh, and i CAN NOT stand things like laughing gas or heavy pain meds that give you strange sensations in your body. I think it goes with my fear of not being in control.

I'm the opposite! Totally cool with blood. It doesn't bother me at all. I am freaked out by dead birds though (random but we live in the country and cats quite often leave bits of them lying about). Watched an episode of Haven recently where all the pigeons died and started falling from the sky - was properly horrible!

Fainting which is probably also control

Fish!!! I'm happy to eat fish and chips and breaded fish for tea but I have to turn away from fish counters at the supermarket!

Heights completely freak me out. I get sweaty palms...the whole nine yards!

I have the most unusual fears for a emetophobic.
    I have a major fear of needles,i dont know what it is,i go white as a sheep when someone mentions one,this means jabs,blood tests,anastehia for dentistry and surgery etc.
    I also have a relevat fear a recently developed fear of germs,its all because of the sv* that i panic thinking of a worse case scenario,and it doesnt help that my parents are currently coughing themselves sick.
    I mean literally,Im glad im away the weekend after this. :/

But yeah,fears imbed themselves..

I have a fear of flying... sucks for me because I'm going overseas twice in the next few months haha which I'm so happy about because travelling is awesome but I get on that plane and just start crying. I also hate moths hahaha not really a fear but seriously, those flapping wings are so not nice.

Big spiders.

I have a bad fear of spiders and other creepy crawlers. I will literally freeze up and scream after it scares me to death.
    Tumblr :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~

I'm scared of fainting, too... and feeling trapped. Not closed spaces, necessarily, but not being able to leave a place... that drives me crazy.

I absolutely love spiders! Two people I never want to spend time with: serial killers and people who squash spiders.

I hate slugs. I wouldn't say I fear them but the sight of them slithering around and munching on my plants sends a shiver down my spine. I become quite anxious in extremely crowded, confined spaces like the tube/subway in London, but I can deal with it because the journeys are usually quite short and from what I've heard, panic reactions are common on the tube. I worry about having a panic attack in a crowded place and not feeling able to escape, and it sounds weird but I feel like my air supply is being cut off whenever I'm in a big crowd which leads to me taking small breaths which increases anxiety. I also worry about needing a toilet while in public and not being able to get to one, but that's easily controlled by not drinking excessively and a little friend called imodium.

The Philosopher's Stone... That's okay, I've seen it and can deal with it. I'm okay with vomiting in films and on TV. Not that I'd want a slug anywhere near my mouth, oh no no no.

I hate not being in control. And saliva. Oh, how I hate saliva. When someone spits or when I see drool, it reminds me of v*. I fear d* because it's related to v*, and, even being spiritist, I fear bad spirits that may come looking for me.
    I'm totally ok with blood (guys, I watch CSI) and parts of human body.
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.

I'm afraid of liquid d out of nowhere cause of the obvious fear that d=SV=the dreaded IT!
    Otherwise I'm deathly afraid of worms, roaches and those blow-up tube thingys that have arms and flail all over the place-yes I know that's totally random and stupid :S
    Oh-I also hate driving over bridges or high freeway overpasses. I have this fear that my tire is going to blow out or I will somehow lose control of the car and go sailing off the side.
    I guess compared to all that crap, suddenly the fear of V doesn't seem quite so nuts
    Jennifer

Afraid of spiders (although that's getting slightly better, I can manage to kill them if no one else is around to save me...but then I have a slight nervous breakdown) and heights. That's about it. I'm also very afraid of sv, as in afraid that I will catch it if someone close to me has it or is being careless with hygiene.

Basically afraid of passing out or being out of control of my body... I hate being hot because its how I feel when I'm anxious or ill. I am scared of having a panic attack somewhere where I can't quickly and easily escape to solitude and go home!
    Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. -Isaiah 41:10

Birds! Especially pigeons and sea gulls - they really freak me out.
    Germs are becoming a bit of an issue and I have noticed that OCD tendencies are starting.
    I am also really scared of heights and fast speeds - I guess that's a control thing.

I'm afraid of getting really old and spiders. I wouldn't call them phobias by any means though.
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”

Did someone mention slugs, yes I hate them too, anything slimy makes my flesh crawl. this reminds me of a very rainy afternoon about 20 years ago when I took a short cut home down a lane that had bushes on either side. All the slugs & snails had slithered out to enjoy the damp ground, & I had to be so careful not to tread on any, there were so many of them, almost a carpet of slimy creatures, nasty!

Not at all scared of blood, certainly not squeamish.

I am not *phobic* of anything else to the degree that I am with emet - and I feel blessed not to have as severe emetophobia at the moment as I have in the past or as some of you struggle with. However, I get really, really icked out by spiders and tarantulas. I respect them and am glad they eat mosquitoes and other bugs but I do NOT want to see them! Giant insects/arachnids in general, no thank you. Euuurgh. Slimy things don't bother me that much, but things with lots of legs do. If i see a big bug I will scream for someone else to remove it (however, I really don't like to kill them, I try to let them go outside or something because I feel bad about killing anything except fruit flies and mosquitoes).

I'm totally cool with blood, dismembered limbs and all that jazz...none of it bothers me really...

HOWEVER...I am afraid of flying, confined spaces (but only for LONG peiods of time - ie long journeys), deep water (and sailing), spiders, moths, wasps and slugs

Eww that slug scene is disgusting! It's actually in The Chamber of Secrets, not The Sorcerers Stone. I wouldn't even call myself a HP fan lol, far from it actually but I will never forget that scene.

Anyways, I'm claustrophobic, agoraphobic and I am terrified of driving. I'm 20 years old and I still don't have my license. I feel pathetic. I take the bus everywhere I go lol literally everywhere.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.