Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Wtf is going on? I'm seriously losing it

Ok-I'm going to try and calm myself so I can post this somewhat sensibly.
    I felt pretty lousy all day yesterday, but nothing I could definitively put my finger on. My whole stomach felt like it had contracted and just stayed that way (hope that makes sense), no appetite, and throat n*. I didn't do anything except sit on the couch and watch football-usually if it's my normal IBS or ulcer acting up, sitting/laying still will help but I never felt better but I didn't feel worse either. I slept for shit-kept waking up with a gripping ache across my stomach. It was still there this morning when I woke up, but that was it-no d, fever, etc so I kept trying to rationalize to myself that I was ok.
    My daughter called home while I was getting ready to tell me she had suddenly v'd at work. She said she felt a little off when she first woke up, but nothing that would make her suspicious. Ironically, she was eating Mac n cheese when she called me to say shed just been sick-at that point she wasn't even feeling poorly. She has horrible allergies and has been very congested lately so we both thought her v may have been caused from all the congestion settling into her belly while she slept.
    A little while later she came hofro early from work and said her stomach was really hurting and she felt really sick her so I figured it was probably some kind of SV and reconciled myself to about a weeks worth of constant terror. Long story short-her stomach felt lousy til around 2pm (so approx 9-10 hours,no more v than the 1 time) then she ate some more pasta with butter and said she felt better. Now she's out watching Monday Night Football at Applebees!!! Fwiw, she v's pretty easy and has done it before and then been totally fine a couple hours later.
    Me, I'm sitting here freaking the fuck out. My stomach had that same weird tight, constricted feeling almost all day and I felt
    really queasy, up until just a couple hours ago. I'm totally paranoid that maybe we both had/have a bit of a bug and that's
    why I felt shitty yesterday and most of today. Of course, my next thought is that even though I'm feeling better now that it's
    gonna hit me again and go downhill from there, leading to the dreaded IT. Can an SV behave that way? Am I right to be terrified that IT could still happen to me?
    Not even sure of the purpose of this post, other than to try and clear my mind. On top of it all, i feel like a terrible mother-once she came home sick from work, I couldn't get out of the house fast enough. What kind of mother does that-practically runs out of the house to leave their sick kid alone? I just want to cry-I'm so scared and ashamed :'(
    To anyone that made it this far, thanks for listening to my incoherent ramblings.....
    Jennifer

Default Re: Wtf is going on? I'm seriously losing it

That stomach contraction feeling, or tight stomach, i get all the time when i'm very anxious. Some times we just feel lousy, weather changes, food disagreeing, stress/depression/anxiety.

What your daughter had does not sound at all like a bug, i distinctly remember last time having an sv*, it came on with chills, fever, v* , and i didnt feel well enough to get up n about till about 1 day later.

I have that same tight stomach feeling right now as we speak had it yesterday too, i have the flu,(influenza) not sv. I'll tell u right now this is all caused from stress and anxiety, our minds are very powerful once we get that thought in our heads it seems never-ending. Start the obession. It could be the congestion that made her v*, i known ppl who have v* from whatever, felt too hot, smelled somethin bad, had a sour stomach. Non emets dont think our way, they dont go through all types of measures not to v* like we do.

Your going to be just fine, and Don't feel like a horrible mother, You can't help that you have this phobia, We feel a need to run, run away from the trigger. Right or flight response.. and I'm sure your daughter understands anyway.

I can defiantly relate when you say your feeling ashamed, this phobia holds a lot of shame, guilt, the feeling of having no control. But either way, we are strong, capable of many things, and you'll get through this, even when you feel like you can't. Anyway i'm a quite sick so i'm not sure i helped much but i wanted to put you a bit at ease, from my experience and help you through this. We are here for support each other though difficult times, that nobody else understands but us emetophobes!, i Hope your feeling better now, and are able to get some rest tonight, Anxiety and panic is dreadful. I hate hearing anyone going through it. Stay stong dear!
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.

It doesn't sound like you or your daughter have a stomach virus. I think it would make sense if she vomited due to post nasal drip. I unfortunately do not know for certain but I think in your case, it definitely sounds like just a plain old upset stomach fueled by anxiety. Try and eat some saltines if you have any on hand Make some tea if you like! I truly think you are fine! Feel better!
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

Thank you ladies both so much!
    Micki (my daughter) came home from Applebees still saying her stomach was bugging her, but somehow she managed to eat spinach queso-go figure!!! She's back at work this am and to my knowledge no d or anything else, so that's good.
    It cracks me up-the non-emet mindset is so foreign to me, just like our emet minds seem psychotic to others. The nonchalance of non emets will never cease to baffle me! But I guess I'd rather her be like she is than be like me.
    That's interesting about the tight, constricted stomach, Icicle. I didn't consider it might be stress related, but shit, that's not a fun feeling.
    Well, I'm gonna try and convince my mind that it wasn't a bug, but I'm sure I will be a basket case til around Thursday or Friday!
    Wow-I could probably cure world hunger with the amount of brain cells I kill worrying about V and SV!
    Jennifer