Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Urgent: help :(

Default Urgent: help :(

So our power went out earlier this evening thanks to Sandy. I just made myself a mug of tea. I use the microwave as opposed to the stove because I'm lazy and impatient lawl. Anyways, I'm tweaking out right now because I don't know if it was safe to drink the water Needless to say, I'm a huge ball of nerves at the moment. Do you think my water is contaminated due to the power outage? It lasted about three hours and has been back on since about 8pm. I'm seriously so nervous I made a big mistake! Or perhaps I am just being completely irrational. Damnit....
    Last edited by DeadxxInside92; 10-30-2012 at 12:14 AM.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

Default Re: Urgent: help :(

Ugh anyone?
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

Guys like I am seriously tweaking out. I have a feeling I am just being neurotic but then it occurred to me that THIS is why people stock up on water and food prior to power outages. Am I fucked?
    My shadow

Even if it was contaminated ..... You boiled it - which will have got rid of anything that could have been in there. Totally safe.

I'm not convinced. I also ate an apple after I rinsed it off w/ tap water. Ugh I ruined my entire night. No sleep for me.
    My shadow

I feel really nauseated now.
    My shadow

I'm in Australia so I don't really understand why the water would be contaminated in the first place. I understand there is a lot of flooding but how would that have got into the clean water pipes? I'm not being rude. But as someone else said, boiling the water would have fixed the problem anyway. Wouldn't contaminate water look and smell different? Hope you're okay. You'd be feeling n* because you're worrying yourself so much over this. Try to take deep breaths and sit down and just calm yourself... it's hard but it's best for you.

No you will be fine! The clean water supply won't be affected by a power outage.

Hey dead
    Sorry to hear you were affected by Sandy. You are in the clear, Hun! As everyone mentioned, unless there was a specific boil advisory or some kind of sewage breach in your area like they are having in VA, there is nothing to be worried about from your tap water. I hope this post finds you catching up on your rest from last night.
    So sorry for the late response!
    Jennifer

Hope you're doing okay now, I'm sure you will be fine! Loosing power for a few hours doesn't hurt the water

Hey Dead!

I think you will be just fine...the reason you got nauseous is because of the anxiety...tap water is tap water and doesn't have a "filtration system" if you will whether the power is on our out....hang in there@!!!

Hey there, you will be fine. Boil water advisories happen when the treatment plants cannot properly treat the water or when the water pipes are broken (so dirty water can get in). Unless there was damage to the water system due to the storm, you should be fine. So try not to worry too much about that!