Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Celexa anyone?

Default Celexa anyone?

So I was prescribed Celexa and I went to the pharmacy to pick it up today and the pharmacist warned me that this drug commonly makes people n* and v*....this absolutely doesn't make sense because the reason I was prescribed this was for my phobia...I'm afraid to take it now!!! Has anyone taken this and did it make you sick? She put me on 20 mg, and told me to only take half for the first 4 days. What do I do??
    Last edited by alesh31; 10-30-2012 at 07:54 PM.

Default Re: Celexa anyone?

Nah, it doesn't cause that stuff. They have to say things like that to let you know that others have reported it in themselves. Take it with breakfast then.

I've taken it for years, sometimes it does cause nausea JUST when you're weaning yourself onto it but its extremely slight nausea and goes away in just a couple of days. Otherwise I've had no side effects from it!
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Really? I'm just so worried that I'm gonna feel a little n and then jump to conclusions and think that the drug is going to inevitably make me sick. Also, the pharmacist told me that the drug might cause edginess...I thought the whole point of taking this was to take the edge OFF. I'm just trying to gain a better understanding of the drug before I start taking it.

I'm on it and never had any issues, maybe a little nausea when starting but honestly I don't know if it was from anxiety or an actual side effect lol! I'm pretty happy with the medication it keeps my huge anxiety attacks at bay and takes the edge off. I still get anxiety but nothing like I used to. It's supposed to help OCD too. Just be sure to eat a substantial amount of food when u take it. Actually when I first started I was supposed to start off with 20mg too and since I knew I could split the pill I split it in half again and took half one day, the next I took a half in the am and the other in the pm, did that a few days till I felt safe, and proceeded to increase as I felt safe to do so. Might try that?
    Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. -Isaiah 41:10

I take it and have no problems. When you first start, do take after you have some food on your stomach because I do think I remember it making me just a tiny bit queasy when I took it on an empty stomach. Food beforehand took care of that though. I've been on it for over a year now and can also now take it on an empty stomach with no problems. It does help with anxiety.

I'm up to 40mg now with no problems and no nausea whatsoever. I do always take it after food and did build up really gradually. Only side effects I get are mad trippy dreams and night sweats but I do think it takes the edge of the anxiety so it's probably worth it.

do you guys take it at the same time every day/night?

I take it at the same time everyday. I have been on it for around 2 months now. I got some hunger pangs but that was the only side effect rather than some sleep disturbances. That went away within a few days. Sleep problems went away in a week. Take it at the same time everyday so your body will have equal levels at all times.
    Tumblr :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~

Ok, I took it two hours earlier than I did last night, will I be alright? That's probably a ridiculous question but just making sure. Now I'll be sure to keep consistent.

Yeah i sometimes take mine at slightly different times (depending on when I eat) and haven't had any probs. Better to try and take it around the same time though.

I take Lexapro ( a sister to yours) it's a very mild med, and I have never gotten side effects from it. It's better to take them aroubd the same time everyday, but you don't have too

I take mine sometimes two hours apart when I forget and end up fine. Just better to be consistent is all. Two hours should be fine.
    Tumblr :

Facebook :

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~

Tonight's the night I increase my dose from half a pill to the whole pill. I'm sure I'll be fine but I'm scared!!!! I don't want it to affect me badly