Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Roommate V* and still feeling N*

She says it's food poisoning, but we've eaten all the same things and I don't feel sick at all. Neither does my other roommate who also ate the same food.

She fell asleep and looks generally miserable (only v*ed once) so I don't know much more than that. I'm terrified. Has anyone gone through similar situations and can offer advice/comfort?

Default Re: Roommate V* and still feeling N*

Yes, just do not share anything or any room with her. Do not stand near her when she vomits. Wash wash wash your hands. disenfect every thing you can imagine.

I agree with allilove. Wash everything down with bleach. Also, it's possible that the food could have been slightly off. Most of the time our bodies can fight off bacteria that's in food and we never even realize we ate something that was a bit off however, some people's bodies aren't as good at it and hers may be one of them. I'd still wash everything down as a precaution though. Can't hurt.

So quick update.

She only v* the once, but went to bed early. She felt normal the next day which made us think it was likely just the leftover chicken didn't agree with her (weak stomach - she gets sick a lot).

No one else has gotten even remotely ill and it's been two days. Her boyfriend, who basically lives here, hasn't gotten sick either. I'll still be a little cautious but I'm feeling pretty good about it right now.

Oh God, I went through that last Monday.. Roommate was still in bed when I got up (she usually goes to work before I go to school) and she told me she had been sick during the night, and I knew it wasn't food poisoning because we had eaten exactly the same things too (which I had prepared). I ended up leaving the apartment the same day, cause I was worried about catching it. Turns out it was a sv, she was sicker the next day. You should still disinfect the apartment, that's what I plan to do when I'll come back. Bleach works the best for noro and the such, so use that where you can and use lysol on the other surfaces and you should be fine. You're probably in the clear if she was only sick once, though. Friend of mine has a weak stomach too and often gets sick because he ate something too rich or that he wasn't feeling like eating.