Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The Night-Time Thread (for those who are awake at all hours feeling sick/anxious).

Apologies as this is my third thread today (I think). But I too am at my whits end.

I made this thread because some nights I cannot sleep at all for feeling sick or anxious or whatever. I thought this thread would be great for those who feel the only slight comfort they can get is to log on and type a message in here and we'll "all be together".

I might sound soppy when I say this but knowing there are others out there like myself is a comfort. I just wish we could all cure eachother.

Default Re: The Night-Time Thread (for those who are awake at all hours feeling sick/anxious)

If only... I think this is a great idea, though. It makes a lot of sense, to all be together as opposed to separate threads for everything.
    (Not scared at the moment, but wanted to say that I love the idea and I'm in for later.)

Default Re: The Night-Time Thread (for those who are awake at all hours feeling sick/anxious)

Great. I'm glad you like the idea. I know some people's techniques and ways of coping are different to others. But mine is (when I feel really panicky and extremely sick and at the point of despair) to be with (or atleast be able to associate my problem) others.

It's funny because in real life I wouldn't want to feel extremely ill whilst being in a room full of people. But on here it's quite soothing because we all understand.

I feel exactly the same! If I'm panicking I don't want to be anywhere near people but half an hour of typing and replying to posts usually does make me feel better! How are you doing now sgm? You feeling any better?

I'm glad this thread will (hopefully) help us all in the long run.

And Kam00096, I am feeling much better but about an hour later after feeling better (again) it suddenly came back, really intense nauseous feeling, I was scared. However it has since passed and i've eaten a few small things like some crisps and some water. I feel okay now but there's still that slight "aftermath" feeling looming which I don't like. I'm hoping to get some sleep tonight but if not, i'll end up in here

Good luck! And yes, I love to hang around the forum when I'm afraid. It's almost more relaxing to be with people who know what it's like than with my parents or sister...
    Feel better!

Well we'll be here if you need us :-) Glad you're feeling a bit better! Maybe just stick with plain foods until you're feeling 100%

This happens to me ALL THE TIME! It just happened to me last night in fact. I've been up for like 4 hours in the middle of the night with a stomach ache or a panic attack. I hate that this emetophopia we have to deal with can also cause insomnia! :/

It's funny because that night (Wednesday) I actually slept fine despite feeling really sick during the day. And then around 6pm the smell of a certain food made me feel really sick and panicky, but within the hour that feeling went and I was surprised. Weird.

We are all our own worst enemy!

this really is a great idea...up right now, slightly calming down and getting sleepy again. but coming on here almost always helps

I was up til about 1:30am this morning due to anxiety over being slightly nauseous. I have not been on this forum in a while - and I was doing pretty good. I'm 4 1/2 months pregnant and even went through about 5 v* episodes during morning sickness ... and Igot through it *yay* but it's like as soon as I hear that someone I know knows someone who may have an sv*, I panicked.

Sometimes I wish I hadn't gotten pregnant in the summer because that means I have to go through fall/winter being pregnant and surrounded by more germs. I have really good hygiene so hopefully I'll make it through fine ... but ugh. I'd rather be pregnant in the summer heat, all swollen than dealing with possible sv*'s in the winter :-(

I know it isn't nighttime exactly but hoping someone will answer this...does sv* start with having chills? i've been SO COLD for the past few hours and I'm scared :/

Awesome idea! I dread 'night time' every single night and everyone being here to chat is an awesome distraction and huge help!

It's 8.32pm here (in London) and I have been feeling so bloated today (swear I have IBS). Anyway for dinner I ate beef (not too much but enough) and I can sort of taste it when I burp (sorry if this is all too much info) but it's worrying me. I don't want to be sick.

sgm I do that all the time and it freaks me out! However it doesn't make me sick. Try sucking on a peppermint or some gum (it distracts me?)

At my bedside I have some peppermint acid relievers (as I seem to be getting a very acidic feeling lately..think it's due to stress of it all tbh).

I feel a bit sick now because I just do (comes and goes with us emets). Still nervous though

whilst you'r nervous, sgm, you'll be swallowing lots of air even when you're not aware of it. this will just add to your feelings of nausea and worry.
    take some nice deep breaths and make sure you're exhaling fully and not overbreathing.
    i've been reading a great book on IBS with a fab breathing technique in it and it works really well.

hey anybody wanna pop in with me in the chat room? it's 9:29pm here in NY and I've got a question or two, or six..... :P

where is the chatroom?

Is everyone okay so far? I've not had any nighttime scares for over a week or more now, hoping it stays that way!

I was awake quite a bit of last night. Didn't get to sleep til about 5am.

I felt sick and beforehand was nervous (anxious? not sure what other, vomiting thoughts possibly) and when I got into bed and tried to get off to sleep I kept getting this "feeling sick in throat" feeling (when my stomach had actually calmed down a lot).

Meh. Feeling groggy today and my stomach feels slightly weak.

I am the same way. If I feel I have been exposed to the virus, I will not go to sleep because it seems that people get it in the middle of the night. I don't want to wake up surprised and be sick so I think if I feel it coming on I can at least take some action in prevention instead of it sneaking up on me. I feel safe after about 3:30 am to go to sleep.

another late-night freak out...always fun...

I have had so many in the past. It's weird because with each one you'd think "hold on, this is just routine" but each time you can never assure yourself that you'll be fine.

It usually consists of being in a panic, feeling sick etc

For 2 weeks straight I've had the exact same night time routine ... get into bed, lie down, sit up, lie down, repeat for 8 hours. The anxiety of whether or not I am sick completely takes over my mind, and having a mother who is a nurse, a father who is a doctor and a sister who teaches children, I am always possessed over the fact that theyre bringing a virus home with them, and that i'm going to catch it. This is taking over my life! Only months ago I was so careless and social and now even the smallest trip outdoors causes me to have panic attacks! Constant n*, most probably from anxiety, doesn't help either .

Why don't we all work together and update each other e everyday on coping techniques that work for us??

Oh my god! I thought it was just me, but I'm so glad I'm not the only one.
    I've been unable to sleep for the past 2 or 3 nights now and I am SO tired its 9pm here now and I'm shitting myself about going to sleep :/ my heartbeat becomes so rapid that its hard to breathe and wakes me up or prevents me from sleeping :/ its truly awful and I feel nauseous also. I panic all day, everyday and it doesn't help; in fact, during a panic attack the human body produces more acid. So, we've all got to remain calm, think positively and try to smile

I'm also up most of the night feeling nauseous and anxious which is awful. The earliest I can sleep now is like, 4:30 AM in the morning....

I thought we could all text and keep each other strong. I'm 18 and I live in London and I'm emet!