Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

This is so off topic, but my inlaws drive me crazy. I can't talk to my husband about it for obvious reasons. His mom and his sister are two cheapest people I know. His sister invites us over for a Memorial Day BBQ and waits to go grocery shopping until we get there. So we go with her and she conveniently is absent when it comes time to pay. I have had countless get togethers at my house and NEVER ask them to pay for my groceries. If you are going to have people over you need to be a good host and buy your own damn groceries. Oh, did I tell you her and her husband make alot more money then me and my husband?

My mother in law takes the cake though. She has never once offered to pay for a meal when we go out to eat. NEVER. Yes, she's older, but she is not hurting financially. She's not rick or anything, but she can afford to buy a meal. You know what she got me and my husband for christmas? Fire extinguishers. You know what she got my husband for his 30th birthday? Nail clippers.NAIL CLIPPERS. Are you kidding me?

My husband has never paid for a meal when my dad is there. Heck, his famly has gotten a free ride too, if my dad is there. My dad is not some wealthy man either. He just has class. My dad shelled out quite a pretty penny for our wedding, and we did not so much as get a gift from my mother in law. She griped about having to pay for the rehearsal dinner. Then had the nerve to ask my husband "well, what has Amanda's daddy done for you? Are you kidding me? If you want to tally it up, my inlaws would fall far short. Don't even go there.

Thanks for listening. I love my inlaws, but I wish tey would get some class when it comes to money.

I completely understand!! My mother-in-law wants to pay for things, but my father-in-law is too cheap. FOr our rehearsal dinner, they wanted to just have a BBQ at their house. It doesn't sound too bad, but the rehearsal was about 2 and a half hours away from their house and they expected everyone to drive to their house! I threw a fit and put a major guilt trip on my husband for all of the money my parents were spending on the wedding and they were being so cheap! They ended up giving us $500 in cash and said we could do what ever we wanted with it, so we used it for the dinner.

In-laws can be a pain in the butt, that is for sure! Mine are pretty good about paying for things, so I can't complain about that. But, trust me, there is plenty of other stuff to complain about. In fact, we took them out to eat Saturday night and all my mother-in-law did was complain about the food, but yet she eat almost all of it! I could go on and on!

Jess

I could go on and on about in-laws. I have definately got some with some serious issues. My sis in laws being the main two.

Nail clippers for her sons 30th b-day, thats ridiculous!!!!

Yes...join the club of the "insane" in-laws.....I despise mine...for all the 18 yrs I have known them.....never have gotton along from the day we got married... The better to keep them away with Kat

I'm sorry for laughing....but nail clippers?!?! What the heck!!
    AIM - r311dude (don\'t be shy, I love to chat)

It's good to know I am not alone.

How do you all deal with it?

I don't "hate" my inlaws, they just do alot of stuff that annoys me. I don't want to complain to my husband though. I did enough of that during the wedding planning. His sister was a beeeeaaacch. I showed her my wedding dress (on the rack) and she said "Oh, you want to wear that? THat isn't "fancy" enough." I could go on for days with all the crap she did during the wedding planning process. I cried all the time. Of course it didn't help that MY mom wasn't here to help.(she passed away 2-23-99).

I think that is what the problem is. I don't have people "like" me to talk to. My dad's new wife is nothing like me either. My mom was a New Yorker. Strong, opinionated. My dad's wife is a wall flower.

Sorry to get off on such a tangent. I guess I get lonely sometimes for friendship.

Sounds like you and I are in the same boat. I love my in-laws, but some of the stuff they do ............ geesh!!!! Its really my sister in laws that are the biggest trouble. I guess I deal with it like I do, because I dont have much family of my own. My parents are gone and I have an aunt and uncle that live about an hour from me, and thats it.

OMG! You guys make me so glad to be unmarried lol. j/k seriously though, I admire you guys restraint not to just tell them wehre to shove it. The nail clippers are the best tho! LMAO! Geez! She'd be better off just getting him a nice card instead.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

hahaaahha i cant help but laugh about the clippers... what did his face look like when he opened his bday gift?[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.