Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: New member here

Default New member here

I just subscribed and feel sick after reading just a few threads. My heart is racing and I want to delete everything I've searched to get to this website just in case simply looking this up makes me ill. I suppose this means I need to keep reading to help with "exposure." At any rate, I do feel a bit better knowing there are others who struggle with this phobia out there. Thank you to all who are brave enough to share here.

Default Re: New member here

Welcome to the forum I'm sorry you're having a tough time with reading things. I would say don't jump in at the deep end if it is making you feel uncomfortable; there's no need to do that just yet. I think some exposure is good but it really has to be at the right pace. Don't force yourself to face things you're not ready for Are you worried in a superstitious way that looking this up would make you ill? xxx

Default Re: New member here

Yes, superstitious exactly! I know it isn't logical, but the possibilty feels real to me. I will definitely start off slowly with reading things people have shared. Since I have no one in my life right now that can offer me support with this, my therapist suggested I try to connect online. Thanks for the kind words. I already feel somewhat encouraged.