Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default So upset and scared,sorry to panic post but please help! :(

Hi everyone sorry to panic post but feel awful.

I changed my contraceptive pill from Microgynon to Logynon at the start of the week so I THINK that's my problem but I'm not sure.

I felt a little light headed yesterday but today I feel awful. I went and saw a friend today and had a lovely time but when I came home, I got really light headed and the n* started coming in big waves.

It got so bad earlier I had to lay on the sofa and shut my eyes, I was nearly in tears. My heart was racing and my palms were sweating. When I felt a bit better I had a look at the side effects and dizzyness isn't listed on there so I'm kind of worried that is something more than my pill.

I took a Phenergan and felt better earlier enough to eat some cheese toasties which I was chuffed about but it's now coming back and I hate feeling this lethargic and spacey. I don't know what to do!

Default Re: So upset and scared,sorry to panic post but please help! :(

Those are the symptoms I had when pregnant, so it makes sense because of the hormones your on in the pills. It will pass it only lasted a few days when I was on those pills.

Thanks Natiebear, it's nice to know that others have had similar symptoms to me if you know what I mean x

When I started my BC, I felt similar symptoms. I remember getting lightheaded easily and feeling nauseated all the time. I'm sure it's the BC that's messing with you. Try to remain calm. My symptoms lasted a little over a month. I felt like hell, but I never got sick.

Thanks for your reply SnugglePuff. I was fine when I woke up this morning but now starting to feel rough again. I'm upset as I'm meant to be going to a firework disp;lay tonight. I had my lunch and as I just finished my stomach started really hurting. I have no idea why.

I went to the loo but all normal I think... just starting to feel the n* come on and hate my tummy hurting.

Okay now I have really bad wind I don't know what to do!

with birth control - the best thing to do it take it last thing at night before you go to bed. Apparantly as your body absorbs the pill (which in most people happens within the first two hours) - it can make you feel a bit rank....but you can just sleep through it.

I've been taking birth control for about 11 years and never had any issues (touch wood)!

It might be making you feel a little queasy and you're getting yourself into a bit of a panic - hence the other symptoms...