Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Galadriel and I have been ''together'' going one 2 years now.

She has changed so much over the last 2 years its amazing.

She has been getting better and better with the emet.

Last year she completely set aside a major phobia that she had had for years that not even therapy helped.

Well she also has been terrified of having a doctor examine her.

Today she had an appt and we went in to hopefully get lorezepam for her to get her breast checked because of a couple lumps.

We both thought it would just be getting the script for them today, but the nurse asked her if she could check her today too.

Well, I'm proud to annouce that even tho she was really scared at
    first, she managed to, WITHOUT DRUGS, lay on the bed and let the nurse
    do a breast exam.

I know all of you can appreciate this like many cant as you all understand how crippling fears can be.

Galadriel again has made me see that she can overcome anything when she sets her mind to it [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

*Blushes crimson!!* [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Well now that the whole world knows what happened today[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]yea its something. I didn't think I could do it at all. I guess its something what you can do when you need to or just put your mind to it or something. William definately has helped me a LOT thro all this, I mean I could not have done it without him. Also we definately have prayed a LOT and I am sure that is where a lot of my abililty to get over thesethings have come from as well. Well, now I'm red again so I will go. [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Congratulations on getting over your fear, it was a good step.

^_______^ That's great Galadriel!
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

Edited by: -celeborn-

Thank you caskar.
    Any fear that is real bad can be horribly disabling, as of course you
    know. I know when its not emet it can be harder to identify with, but
    its the same concept, just different thing to fear. I think all this
    helps with emet, because in a way I can apply the same concepts ie "I
    am not going to die", "its over in a few minutes", "Im okay". I think
    positive self talk helps a LOT, because our minds tend to blow things
    out of proportion. I've noticed this as well in the other phobias I
    have besides emet. Its not easy, it took a real long time to be able to
    do that today, and I didn't think I was going to be able to at all, but
    it can be done.</font></span>

Good job Galadriel! I can totally relate on how hard an examination can be. I have had to stop a couple because of my fear, I stopped breathing and almost passed out. The ones that I did make it through, I was talking to myself and staring at the ceiling. They must've thought I was nuts.

And William, good job to you too. Having someone so supportive makes every fear easier to deal with. Thats what relationships are all about.

--Kim

Oh, and I hope that the results of your exam were are good. You are in my thoughts.

[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Thank you Tink,
    that was sweet of you to say. Yea those things can be real hard! Its
    like ack get me OUTTA HERE!! But it wasn't that bad, cause William and
    the lady doc kinda talked to me thro it so it was okay. That does help
    a lot. I can't stand when they're doing something and are real silent.
    That makes me more nervous! I too hope it goes good and just gets over
    with soon! I have to have an ultrasound, but she prescribed lorezopam
    to mellow me out for that, which is good. </font></span>

"Oh, and I hope that the results of your exam were are good. You are in my thoughts."

From what the nurse said its what we thought.....fibrocystic disease.

She has 2 or 3 that may have to be sugically removed after they do the ultrasound just to be absolutly sure.

The good things are that they are mobile and it all swells with her menstrual each month.

You all understand fear here, so I know you can comprehend the fear over this on top of the emet and other fears.

Its been a hard year or so, but it looks like things are looking up a bit

That is what I was diagnosed with as well. But mine was not as severe, they just told me to lay off the caffiene and imrove my diet. It worked pretty well.

I am so happy things are getting better! Please keep us posted on how you are doing..

--Kim

Hey Kim! Yeah she told me to stay away from caffine (noo!! chocolate!!) but yea I'm trying to do that. Its hard to when your not used to it. Sometimes I just plain forget to, but I don't think Ive had any caffine since the visit, which is a start! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

It gets a bit easier, I promise. I was happy to find that root beer has no caffiene too. That helped. I still eat a little chocolate, a little wont hurt right?

Take Care,
    --Kim

Aww, what a sweet post! You have a very sweet man in William, it is obvious he thinks the world of you and loves you so much! Anyhow I'm glad everything is OK for you! It can be so intimidating to go but you did! You shoudl defintiely be proud!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Galadriel, I'm so proud of you!!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I am glad that everything's alright! How lucky you are to have such a wonderful guy like William who'll be there for you through thick and thin!

*~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey everyone.

Well, Galadriel had her ultrasound.

I guess the lady that did it said she has what we thought.....Fibroadenoma.

Its very common and benign [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

They wouldnt let me go in with her this time.

She had a lorezapam in her.

We are planning the marriage ceremony July 30. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Congratulations!! On both accounts! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

--Kim

- Hey Kim! Thank you very much for the congrats. It is a relief to know its okay and nothing bad, now its just deciding what to do about it. Do you have something similar to this?

- Neha, thank you for the congrats! William is the best guy I have ever met, I can't say how much he has helped me, and I can't wait to be his wife! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Hey! Sorry it took me so long to reply.. First week at a new job and I have been super busy.

Yes, I have something similar. But I control it with lots of water and cutting caffiene. I couldnt believe that it worked. No more pain and lumps. Ick. Also, I was taking a progesterone based BC pill, and it really aggravated it. So getting off of it helped too. I hope it clears up well for you too. I think just knowing what it is helps a ton!!

So what are you planning for your wedding?? You have to post a picture for us.. If you feel comfortable! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] You two seem like such a perfect couple. You have the communication part down, which is the most important part!!

--Kim

Hey Kim,

Yeah I've pretty much stopped on caffine (tho sometimes i do) but I've gotten quite good about that. Thats good that that really helped you, maybe it will for me too.I agree knowing helps a lot! That way your not up having nightmares about horrid things that could be wrong with you! Ugh I am bad at that, something isn't right and I think I've got the worst thing possible.

Lol, just a simple wedding I think. Im trying to get things going. Its hard tho, because I've never done one, and its rather overwhelming sometimes, especially when family is like "you CAN'T do that! You HAVE to do this!" my mom is real bad about that. Lol. I could see if we could post a pic. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]We don't have a digi cam, but maybe something can be worked out.

Btw congrats with the new job!

Hey Galadriel way to go, I am so proud of you!!! Going through those tests can be very stressful. I am so happy for you and William, by reading his posts he shows how much you mean to him and it so great to hear that there are men out there who support their partner 100% who suffer from this phobia.

Congratulations to you both!!!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]