Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default my friend is freaking out, help me console him

My friend is also an emet and he just texted me saying that he's at a friend's house for dinner and someone there complained of not feeling well and feeling n*. Now he's saying that he's feeling n* and I told him that it was all in his head, and that the only way sv* is transmitted is through actually coming into contact with that person's v* (yuck). He responded, "We shared a drink" and I told him that there still is no way he could've gotten sick from that person...especially so quickly. He's being stubborn and doesn't wanna believe me (I mean, I understand, it's hard to get someone out of a panic attack, I'm sure we've all been there)...

Did I get my facts straight? I'm not really good at calming him down because I'm the same way. Can anyone lend me something to say to him that will make him feel better? Thanks!!

Default Re: my friend is freaking out, help me console him

Tell him it is just all in his head - you can't catch nausea...you can only catch bugs from vomit or fecal matter. And that person could have food poisoing, a migraine, they could be pregnant, have an ear infection, a kidney chill, or they could be taking meds and the nausea could be a side effect!

P.S. - I'd love to have a close friend nearby who was also emet - it would be awesome to have someone to run to!

I told him that, he hasn't answered. Hopefully he believes me and stops freaking out haha

And yeah, it is pretty nice to have someone who understands. But honestly, I consult this website more than him, hehe

the only way he could be n too is if something was wrong with the food or drink they ate in common, although it is REMARKABLY unlikely they'd get sick at the exact same time. it is def in his head, but if he feels that nervous, can he leave and go home? or go outside for fresh air? as long as the person is v or getting d and touching him, he wont get sick.