Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Has your fear of getting sick ever triggered another fear? With me when I was younger I used to drink socialy and one night I had a party and drank more than I usualy would and got sick and that triggered a fear of drinking, I have'nt touched a drop of alchol since, just the smell of it makes me nausous, and about 2 years ago I came really close to getting sick in my mom's car and have had a fear of riding in vehicles since then, it has gotten less over time in that I can ride in vehicles with people I know around town but I still can't do things like go on school field trips with my girls.

I experienced that to, I have'nt drank since I was about 17 and I'm 33now.

I used to get sick alot in my teen years from drinking but about 5 years ago I got really sick from too much wine so now I am hesitant to finish even a glass of it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My fear of being sick stops me from drinking too much but no to the extent where I don't drink. Also fear of being sick has made me cautious about taking medication - I read the side-effects from cover to cover and if there's any mention of nausea/vomitting I won't take them.
    Nikki

Well along with this fear comes fear of ALOT of things for me....fear of drinking alcohol...fear of eating certain foods...fear of amusement parks...fear of crowds...fear of children...all though i have 2 of my own...fear of hospitals...fear of dentists...fear of doctors in general...fear of anything fun really...b/c it inhibits from enjoying your life in so many ways....gosh I really hate emetophobia!!!!! Kat

I remember reading somewhere that alcohol can stop stomach infections so now I allow myself a couple of glasses a day, not good for mebut hey, I have too many other hang ups, like going out, eating out, fairgrounds, crowded places etc to worry about that.:-(

I'm with you. I hardly ever drink anymore 'cause I'm afraid of getting sick even thought I never have gotten sick from drinking and I used to party A LOT. I also am afaid of getting car sick even though I never have. I'm afraid of going o planes even thlugh I never got sick on one in my life and I've flown a lot. (I think I'm afraid of others around me getting sick more than of myself....) Anyway, my emet is certainly provoking a lot of other issues.