Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Hand sanitizers??

Please someone tell me which ones work. I have a 2 year old who I have to allow to be active and have a social life but with all of these sv* going around lately I am panicking. After he plays or touches anything in public like a shopping cart or playground equipment I Purell his hands and use a wet one. Then when we arrive home I wash his hands really well. However I am noticing posts that say those don't work, only bleach. Someone please tell me what actually works besides hand washing. I can't run him to the bathroom every 10 minutes while we are out running errands, its just not practical, and he touches everything.

Default Re: Hand sanitizers??

GermX Advance has the right stuff (if I am reading it correctly). But I will tell you something, I have not had a stomach bug in over 11 years and used Wet Ones all the time. But GermX Advanced (if you shop at Walmart, it is in the location where the Q-Tips are, or at least in my store they are. I just know that it is not in the area of the hand soap).

Yep JellyBn as long as it's BenzALKonium chloride with a concentration at least 0.13%, then that should work.

Also, GermStar Noro is shown to work, but it's on the pricey side and you have to order it through their website...

Thanks guys! I have just ordered both. The GermStar was pricey but if it helps prevent Noro then its worth its weight in gold!

From the CDC website it seems that only bleach, handwashing and more than 70% ethanol (not isopropyl alcohol) will work to reduce the viral load enough. Wet Ones kinda help because they mechanically remove the virus from the hands (kinda like washing but less effective) so just make sure you scrub well when you use them, and they should be used before disinfecting so there's no dirt and grime that protects the virus from the sanitizer. Personally, I used an alcohol gel and Wet Ones for years and didn't get sick (yet, thank God) so they do seem to provide a modicum of protection. If you can drill your kid not to put his hands in his mouth or on his face, you'll go a long way towards preventing sickness! But I know that's easier said than done with a little one.

Go to this site: http://www.doitbest.com/Hand+cleaner...sku-620956.dib and you will find that you can buy a case of 12 for $12! I bought 2 cases and had them delivered free to a local Cash and Carry store. The active ingredient is Benzalkonium Chloride which kills noro. I have one in my car, at work, and in every room of my apartment! And they are so cheap!!! You could pay upwards of $5 for a single one the same size! Check it out!
    Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. -Isaiah 41:10