Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default In a complete state

Hello lovely people, I'm having a bit of an emet crisis.

I've had problems with my kidneys over the past few months (was hospitalized once it was so bad)... anyway a couple of weeks ago I was put on another course of antibiotics as the doctor detected another kidney infection in it's early stages. Those antibiotics didn't make me feel ill - however, I had to go on to another type of antibiotics for a week, the same they gave me when I came out of hospital. They made me feel sick then, and I having taken them for the past week again, I've felt horrible nausea. I took my last tablet yesterday evening. I've been okish since then but today (presumably as the drug makes it's way through my system) I've had a sudden wave of nausea. I've eaten fine today, not felt ill until now. I am almost certain it's to do with the antibiotics as I have no other symptoms and the nausea is quite specific to the sort of nausea you have from medication, if that makes sense to anyone.

So yeah, I'm sat here on my sofa having a really anxious time, petrified the nausea will escalate to me actually v*. Please could someone offer some support. I'm home alone but my boyfriend will be back later this evening who is aware of my phobia and is normally very reassuring.

Thanks in advance, Emily xx

Default Re: In a complete state

Hey Emily. Sorry you're not feeling great. I've had antibiotics before that have made me feel horrible but I've never been sick from them. Don't think you'll actually v* if you've been on them for a week and are now finished them. Hopefully by now your bf's back and making you feel better x

Have you tried yogurt? It really seems to help settle my kids' tummies when they are on antibiotics.

Thanks for the replies guys means a lot... Is it possible side effects continue for a short time having come off the medication? Really just need to know this is the antibiotics and not a bug... Ah no I haven't tried yogurt, thanks for the tip - I shall ask the other half to pick some up. The other thing is that I've got thrush from the antibiotics too.. Can that make you feel a bit crap as well? Thanks so much xx

Between the thrush and the meds working their way out of your system, you can expect to feel a bit weird. I wouldn't worry about it, I doubt you are actually sick.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks for the reassurance. I don't feel nauseous as such now, just a bit spaced out and not 'myself'. Think I need to give my body chance to process the meds, get rid of the urinary infection I had in the first place, and overcome the thrush. Sorry for TMI but my urine is still quite cloudy with mucous in it, so I don't think I'm 100% better. I think what bugs me the most was that the time I was in hospital with my kidneys I did v* several times - and that infection was a result of cystitis being intolerant to antiobiotics and spreading to my kidneys. So now I am worried that if I have finished this course of antibiotics but still have the symptoms of cystitis, this means the infection hasn't shifted which means being back in hospital and possibly v*... Maybe I am being over-anxious and need to just accept it's the tail end of an infection and/or side effects but emetophobia is such a dominant force on my thoughts xx