Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Tigan?

I just got perscrbed this med. Anyone know anyting about it. It's 250mg.
    AIM - r311dude (don\'t be shy, I love to chat)

Isnt Tigan a anti-emetic? I think my daughter was given that in the ER once. From what the ER docs told us, its a little better than Phenagren, but then our family doctor told us there really isnt much difference.

Why were you prescribed this medicine?

Cause I fainted today from a bad panic attack.

I believe Tigan is an anti-emetic, but it isn't used very frequently around here, so I don't know that much about it. It seems that it is used more in the hospital setting instead of the office setting.

Jess

I have a friend who used to take that for stomach prob's. I will ask her next time I see her and IM you about it, r311! I hope you are feeling better today!

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

I was presribed this med, and its for Nausea.. It has been my savor.. but i was given it in a supository form..not fun!! but it worked just as well... I hope it will for u to.. and i hope you are feeling better... Christy

Yea, I got the pill form (thank God)..I still haven't gotten it, the pharmacy ran out of it yesterday. Hopefully today. The doctor told me it's a controlled substance, does that mean it's like weed?

A controlled substance is a drug that can cause dependency, and has side effects. There are different controlled substance like, narcotics, stimulants, hallucinogents, and depressives. There are also different classes of Class I being the most addicting, and Class V being the least. I tried to look up your drug, but I coulnd't find it. It is defenitly used for nausea and vomiting, but it has other uses too which they did not name. Just follow the directions, and I am sure you will have no problems, Good Luck

Michele

Im just glad I have some Tigan just in case. I also have some phenagren too. I can honestly say (although not pleasant) if I had to use the suppository form to feel better and not have nausea or V*, I would do it.
    There isnt much I wouldnt do (within reason) to keep from V*. KWIM????