Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thumbs down Haven't felt this bad for years!

(I just realized that the title is wrong... I wish I could change it).

It all started yesterday. I had many nightmares, and woke up between them, nauseous, then slept again. When I finally woke up yesterday, I was feeling so tired, so bad, that I thought I was going to v. I spent the whole day with anti-emetics and didn't v. Okay. Today I woke up worse than yesterday, with sore throat and earache. Went to therapist, she calmed me down for a few moments. Then it was time to go to school (I study in afternoons). I couldn't miss school today because I had a test to do, so I went CRYING, and got distracted during the two first classes. A few minutes after History started, I felt bad again, really bad. I went to talk to the school therapist, but she was busy, so she gave me water with sugar and I went back to class. During the break, I visited the therapist and felt better, but then I went back to class and felt all nauseous again. I had to wait my mother for 30 minutes, then I came back home almost crying, fearing I would v. I'm still scared, but at least I'm home (and locked in my bathroom).

I feel dead, I'm pale as a ghost, and nauseous. I had my meals as always. What can it be? I begged my mother to take me to a doctor tomorrow, because I know I won't rest until I find out what is wrong with me. I just don't want to v, anything, anything, but I don't want to v...

Please, say something, even if it's just "You'll get better". I can't talk to my mom about it because she's sick of this story. She thinks I'm stronger than my fear, but I know I'm not. I feel so miserable, I just want to curl and cry for hours.
    Last edited by Ana Bellini; 11-05-2012 at 04:40 PM.
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Haven't felt this bad for years!

Hey! If you're eating you're most likely fine. Sounds like a lot of panicking which can make you feel awful and maybe a cold as well. How are you doing now?

Its tough when you feel so awful. You say youve managed to eat as normal which is a good sign. Im sure its the anxiety making everything seem so much worse. I bet all you need is a good nights sleep & you'll be feeling much better.

Thank you girls.

I'm still in the bathroom, and I'm going to have dinner. I'm hungry, but I don't want to eat, but my parents will force me. Anyway, there were some moments that I was so sure I was going to v*, but then the feeling was gone. The fact that I'm eating isn't a great sign. Before I get sick I eat normally, just the last time I refused to eat. I'm afraid that if I eat something I'm going to v*.

Can anxiety really make me this bad?

Just to tell you girls: I went to the doctor today and she said I have some kind of virus. It may be gone in the next few days, but I might v*.

Doctors always say its a virus when they don't know what it is. I think it's just anxiety if you are still able to eat. My sister who is a nurse even jokes about how anytime a doctor doesn't know for sure what it is they call it a virus. Just eat lite and try and relax.