Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: 911 emergency

Exclamation 911 emergency

Default Re: 911 emergency

hey I can't sign in onto the chatroom for some reason, but I can reply here for a little while. What's wrong??

sister's D* six times today, just did the V*, I'm petrified that since she's my sister and I live at home with her that I already have her SV germs and that it's on its' way for me.

It's very possible that whatever made her sick she caught outside the home so you haven't been exposed. If that's the case, she is only contagious now that she started symptoms and if she washed her hands after being sick and didn't touch anything you're still probably safe. Do you know anyone who can let you sleep at their place for a few days? That way you'd reduce her exposure. If you can't, tell her how important it is that she not touch anything you both use (e.g. pretty much anything in the kitchen) and fetch her whatever it is she needs instead of having her spread her germs. That way it's easier to contain. Dilute bleach is the best thing to kill sv so if you have some, put on something over your mouth (mask if you have one, scarf if you don't) and disinfect the bathroom with the bleach solution. Leave it wet for 10 minutes before rinsing, and that will kill anything. Wash your hands as often as you can and keep a clean towel in your bedroom to dry your hands with so it stays clean!

My roommate was sick last week after we spent an entire weekend doing everything together and eating the same thing, even sharing a drink in the same glass, and I didn't get sick. So there's a chance you're still in the clear. Also, tell her to close the toilet lid before flushing to reduce the chances of contaminating the entire bathroom. You'll be fine if you're careful.

To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AoD I just came downstairs and she's sipping some gatorade and eating saltines..... she seems a lot better after the one V* but I am still FREAKED out. I washed my hands and am hoping to not have her V* again, and maybe her D* will be over too. I've got a scarf over my face because every time the kid sneezes I get worried that she's launching SV into the air.... I have to clean my laptop keys next because my damn mother was covered in puke and never washed before deciding to use my friggin computer!! Selfish B*TCH.

Is she sneezing a lot, like she has a cold? How old is she? I only ask because if she is having flu/cold symptoms as well, this may not be a sv. Young kids often v* from other illnesses more easily than adults. However, if she's older then that might not be the case.

Can you sequester yourself in your room for a bit? The separation from her will probably make you feel less anxious.
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

nope, it's a SV any way you look at it. she's 11, and has had 6 bouts of D* and three V*. I hid in my room for an hour but then my Mom FORCED me out, and now I have to babysit Miss Puke for the rest of the day and I am in absolute terror. It's scary enough that she's sick in the house, but now if she gets sick again, I have to clean it up!!

Sorry you're going through this. Chances are she picked this up at school, or wherever she was at during the weekend. As long as you wash your hands thoroughly before eating or touching your face, you should be okay. I'd also prepare my own meals for the time being. She'll start feeling better soon, and hopefully this will ease your anxiety.

Gracie, seriously though, how do I not catch this? I have to be in the same house she's been V*ing in, there's only one bathroom, and I spent all day with her yesterday after school.... how do I know that these germs haven't already gotten on me?

Rosie, I have shared a bedroom with my sister for years, and during that time, she has had some terrible stomach viruses. We also have one bathroom. I've managed to avoid catching them so far. You can too. Your sister wasn't contagious until her symptoms began, and I'm sure you have been careful since then. Be vigilant with hygiene, keep your distance, and you honestly should be fine.

okay Gracie, I'll try to keep a cool head about this.....

Oh man, that's awful about the computer, I can't believe people can be so inconsiderate Use a disinfecting wipe on the keyboard and mouse, it'll wipe away the better part of the viruses. What you can also do is spray some Lysol (brand iii) on a towel and wipe them, then let dry and then use a disinfectant wipe. That way you won't damage the electronics and it'll make things safer. I heard even noro just stays alive for 12 hours on surfaces so your computer will be safe after a while. Just be careful to wash your hands after you use the computer. Try to eat out or buy things you can eat in your room after washing your hands (protein bars work wonders for this cause you can eat them out of the wrapping without having to touch them). Also, if you have an emergency kit with things that can help you coast through the illness you might be able to avoid v* even if you catch the same virus. Things like gastrolyte, antiemetics (gravol or benadryl) can be enough to prevent v* sometimes.

When ever someone in my house has been sick I spend as much time outside as I possibly can. It sucks that you have to babysit but whenever you arent doing things for your sister just go outside, breath the fresh air, and relax. This will relax you and also lessen your chances of getting infected. I think you should be okay. Just wash your hands like a crazy person and try to avoid any close contact with her or the things she has touched.

Well guys, I'm f*cked then, no disinfectant wipes in our house, the only thing there was to do was spray some windex on a paper towel and wipe the keys of my computer off. AoD I don't have an emergency kit, I should but I don't..... I haven't eaten at all today...... too nauseous and terrified to do so. Sarah, thankfully while I was in charge all she did was sleep, and when she woke up she was tons better, asking for french fries and a milkshake because she was STARVING. Still doesn't make me feel any better, she might feel great but for all I know, I could start getting sick at any time....
    Cynna, I see a therapist for a multitude of issues, this being one of them. It's been hell the last three weeks, since I got this account honestly. FIrst there was the boys I nanny getting really sick, then having to go to the infected house, then it seems like everywhere I turn around there's something making me sick or other people getting sick.... It hasn't stopped. Thank you for your words Cynna, working with kids is terrifying but I do forget usually and I'm able to have fun with them.

Careful my BUTT Cynna.... had I known yesterday that she was going to be sick I would've washed my hands more and been a clean freak, I figured since I was in my house I didn't have to worry, so I was just touching everything and eating with my hands.... ugh. Yeah from october until april it's emet nightmare season and I am not looking forward to it. She's feeling tons better, but I feel like a pile of crap. I'll think about eating a little something.... thank you

The feeling when being around others you live with who have it is absolutely nerve wracking. Keep a level head best you can dear. Whatever happens happens but worrying about it won't prevent it. Simply keep up with hygienic measures and keep on breathing. It won't last forever... I am really very sorry you've had to deal with it though. I am a single mother so I know the feeling. I dread others being sick more than anything.
    Life is so worth living.

By the way I babysat two children last week who had it and I had no idea till I got there. One of them even hugged me when she was covered in her own sick. I never caught it. It was a nightmare though.
    Life is so worth living.

You are not doomed. My husband had the bug and it all mostly v* and we only have one bathroom and I NEVER got it. The only way to get it is if you ingest the particles. So, don't be right in her face when she is being ill, don't stick your fingers in your mouth and don't eat anything she makes.

If your sister`s 11 years old, I think she`s big enough to clean up her own v, you shouldn`t be made to do it, after all she made the mess not you!

Quote Originally Posted by hairyfairy View Post
    If your sister`s 11 years old, I think she`s big enough to clean up her own v, you shouldn`t be made to do it, after all she made the mess not you!
    I don't think a sick eleven year old should be made to clean up their own vomit, especially when they're feeling unwell. I'm sure she can get to a bathroom or a bucket, but eleven is not really all that old. I can't imaging being ten or eleven years old and sick and being told to clean it up cause you made the mess.

Rosie, I'm really sorry you had to deal with all this though I wish your mom would have stayed to take care of her instead of you, especially since she knows about your phobia! All said, I hope everything is going well now. You did amazingly, you should be very proud of yourself!
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Hey how are things going now? Hope you r ok!! Sorry you had to be around for all that activity