Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question food expiry date question...

I had some mushrooms that have been in the fridge since I bought them, and they were 2 days out of date and I've just eaten them (I fried them in some olive oil). They tasted fine but I just want someone else to confirm that they will have been okay?
    Thanks in advance!

Default Re: food expiry date question...

If they were bad they would have been mouldy, and you would have seen that. Regardless, you fried them and that probably would have killed anything anyway. I think you're fine!
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Thanks!
    It's 5 hours later and I feel as fine as I possibly can do, I don't usually buy/eat mushrooms which is why I was hesitant and wanted to make sure!

My mom fed my son an entire carton of moldy raspberries last month and didn't notice until he had eaten the entire container. She claimed she didn't have her glasses on and couldn't see that they were covered in black mold. Now my son is 2, so you can imagine the panic that overcame me. I called poison control and they said he should be fine, maybe some mild vomiting. Awesome> Just what I needed to hear... dripping with sarcasm here. Long story short, he was fine. Nothing happened even though i couldn't sleep all night just waiting for it, lol. I am sure you are fine. I hope my story gave you a little laugh and eased some worries.