Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default :( Feeling ill..

I think I might have ended up catching whatever it was my roommate had two weeks ago after all. I stopped being crazy about cleanliness and started eating at the apartment again yesterday, using the dishes and everything and actually touching the light switches and door handles without washing my hands after. But now I feel sick with an upset stomach and nausea and (this might be a bit graphic) I had to go to the bathroom and while it wasn't d* it was close to that and now I have cramps. And I am SO tired too, I think I slept for more than 12 hours last night and I'm still tired and in a daze. Considering that sv* can live up to 12 days or more on soft surfaces, I think I might have picked it up somewhere in the apartment in the last two days when I started being careless thinking it was "safe" again. Her illness started with d* for a day then v* three or four times over the next two days. Just so afraid I caught it I can't concentrate on school work, and I have SO much work to do.. this sucks. ;_;

Default Re: :( Feeling ill..

While it's possible you caught it from a surface, it's unlikely, I have a feeling you have just been so stressed out the last couple weeks. That can cause all of the symptoms you are experiencing. Take it easy, eat bland foods because not eating can also make you feel like crap. I think you will be ok.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yeah, that would be possible, especially since I've been eating a lot of junk lately because I didn't want to eat here... I just had a mini breakdown, and now I'm munching on candied ginger and trying to convince myself that my roommate has a fragile stomach compared to me so even if I caught her virus, maybe I can avoid v* and just experience the rest of the symptoms.

Are you sure she had sv? Its weird that she had d* for a day and then the v* followed for a couple of days after. Normally SV's last 24-48 hours...maybe it was food poisoning? In which case it would be impossible to catch!
    I understand completely though. You're probably panicking about something that doesn't need to be panicked about You may have eaten too much fruit, or just eaten something a little off colour which has given you the d* but wont give you the v*...but because your flat mate had this, you immediately think its what she had. Im sure by now even if it WAS a virus (which i dont personally think it was) it wouldnt still be in your living environment.

Sip some water slowly to replace the fluidds you lost as being dehydrated can make you feel worse and very n*. Try to stay calm, google some breathing exercises and once you feel a little better (which im sure you will) get into bed and watchyour favourite childhood film or something that makes you feel comforted always helps me! Good luck sweet xx

Thanks gson, I don't think it was fp she had since we had been eating the same foods (prepared by me) for two days straight. And yeah, it might be all the stress from disinfecting the apartment and everything... I'm still feeling icky, but I was much calmer until about 20 minutes ago when my roommate came back from her weekend at home and let her brother's girlfriend use our bathroom, the girl was nauseous with a bad headache and had almost v* in the car on her way here. Now I'm freaking out again! And she bitched at me when I asked her to wash her hands in case it was a virus, saying that people don't get sick from not washing their hands and I was being too demanding. FML, really. Now on for God knows how many days of worrying...

Hope you feel better soon. I feel icky tonight too. I think you are safe from the old virus seein as you did disinfect stuff

No fun feeling icky. You feeling any better Erica? and yes, safe from the old viruses but my roommate brought a (currently) sick girl in to use our bathroom tonight when she came back to the apartment. Starts the worrying cycle all over again...