Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation It happened last night ... need responses please

I posted this in the private forum and got only a few responses but I'm looking for some more ...

Long story short, I am a little over 17 weeks pregnant. I had morning sickness from weeks 9-13 (lots of n* and about 4-5 episodes of v*) After 13 weeks I started to feel better ...

Last night around 7pm, I made some fishsticks and tater tots and ate them with ketchup. Around 8:30 I got really n* and thought I needed to have a BM - so I went (wasn't d*) and didn't feel better. I took a 1/2 Phenergan and within seconds I got really clammy and just knew it was going to happen. I went and v* in the sink around 9pm.

*TMI* The v* was mainly ketchup and tiny bits of food *END TMI*

When I was done, I washed up, rinsed my mouth and went on the couch. Took about 30-45 min for me to calm down and my stomach calmed down. A bit later I started to feel slightly hungry but I was so tired, I just went to bed.

When I woke up this morning I feel almost normal ... but I am still having a slight panic. I am still slightly hungry but haven't ate yet. I don't think I have an sv* ... and I think that my dinner just didn't agree ... I think it was the ketchup (acid) ...

I called into work because I'm so freaked out ... All my previous v* episodes with M/S were in the morning and almost immediately after eating ... never happened at night, and not 2 hours after eating!

I just need some advice, reassurance - maybe even from moms who went through pregnancy...

Default Re: It happened last night ... need responses please

I think it was just the fact of the type of food maybe and the fact or when or ho meny hours can change dueing pregnancy im sure of it.. Im sorry this happend to you and you have v* a few times from m/s it must be very very hard for you.. I honestly do think it can just spring up on you.. When i was about 20 weeks pregnant id felt fine all morning and been to work..got home and was eating my lunch and bang..my bubba was like i dont like this anymore and i felt very s*.. i felt icky for about 2 hrs but didnt v* and then was fine after words..maybe make a list of the foods that you have had when you have v* theses could be triggers and if you try to avoid them and see what happens it may help with the v* out the blue..

I think you are right and it isnt a sv* but remember dont not eat.. as im 32 weeks pregnant now im having to eat small but often due to not much room and also acid reflux.. also if you have to much acid in your stomach and no food to soak it up that can make you feel n* or v*

be brave hang in there and you are doing great! you should be proud of your self..very proud!
    A phobia only rules your life if you let it..

I had most of my nausea at night time in my pregnancies, although I never got sick. Your body is finicky in pregnancy and eating heavy foods in the evening is sometimes not great when your body is dealing with a baby and all. that kind of food can rott the gut especially with pregnancy and being evening. I always ate lighter things at dinner such as salads, rice, mashed potatoes, fruit, just kind of lighter things on the system. But I can totally understand those cravings for rich things at night! ha! Make sure you eat something today, try a bowl of soup and then a piece of toast or a banana or applesauce and see how this makes you feel. If you had a virus you would have been sick again by now. Good luck girl!

thanks ladies - I had a bunch of toast so far today and even ate some m-n-m's (leftover from Halloween lol) and I feel fine. I think it was just the food I ate and the fact that the ketchup may have been bad ... won't be doing that again.

only thing I'm dealing with now is the leftover anxiety - I'm sure that will fade as the day goes on but I keep thinking about my stomach, how does it feel, is this how it felt last night, am I nauseous? I hate the aftermath of this!