Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Emetophobia and Pregnancy.

I swear this phobia has made this the worst experience of my life.
    this is literally a pathological fear that there is no rationalizing with me when I get "the feeling".

I am currently 33 weeks pregnant and am currently on two different antiemetics. This phobia has ruined this time in my life. I am suppose to be happy about bring new life in yet all I feel is feel everyday. Not that I can't care for her, just "what happens if she gets sick?"

I haven't brought any of this up to my doctor because I feel he will look at me like I'm crazy just as everyone else does when I try to tell them that this phobia is real, and many people suffer from it. Nobody gets it.

i just need to be reassured that this can get better or whether I should mention it to my doctor for the sake of my new daughter. I can't have this effect my parenting.

Default Re: Emetophobia and Pregnancy.

I am sorry you are feeling this way. I am 17 weeks pregnant and am on one antiemetic ...

I have no children so I do not know how I will handle myself if my child gets sick but I know they say that your insticts take over ... Guess we'll both find out.

Try not to think about it ... Just be happy about the birth of your baby.

You should tell your doctor, they are there to help you feel better and be healthy, and being stressed all the time isn't healthy. Perhaps they can give you medication to help with the nausea, perhaps anxiolytics. Maybe cognitive therapy might help too. While most people do not understand, doctors are trained to recognize and deal with psychological troubles like severe anxiety, so he will be more sympathetic than most of the population.

Hello,

My little girl is just over 8 months now and I had my first experience with her v* everywhere in a shop alone! Came from no where!! I did what I had to do but was constantly worried invade I caught it!! But she is fine now and I've done it! Was hard but you have to do what you have to do... You just cope!!!

Hope that helps a little! Congrats on baby xx

Congrats, mommy! and u should def talk to ur doc. Just explain it as best as u can. I have three little ones, that tend to get sick kinda often. It does freak me out sometimes with my older ones when they start to V..but somehow, I handle it and then get nervous later. The person above is right- ur motherly instincts kinda take over..and u do what u have to do u will be a great mom, dont worry!