Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Help!

Default Help!

Well I will catch you all up on me.... I got laid off from my job of 15 years in August. I have been on unemployment and looking for a job since then. Well 2 weeks ago I totaled my car. So now I have NO vehicle to drive to look for a job. I did not have rental on my insurance and I had a title loan against my car so the insurance company had to pay that off before giving me the money for my car. Since my car was a 2002 I didn't get much money. My anxiety levels are off the charts. I lost my insurance and I am having difficulty getting Medicaid so a Dr visit seems to be out of the question. I called my doctor and explained to her how bad the anxiety was, and asked if she could up my xanax since all the anxiety meds I have tried have given me really bad side effects. She refused. I went to vote yesterday and stod in line in an elementary school for 4 hours and 45 minutes. I got up today with severe nausea. So bad that my mouth was watering. I took a Phenergan. It helped. I ate supper (a no no) but nothing greasy, small steak on the grill very well done, baked potato, and a small salad. I forgot today was my moms birthday so I had to go to the store to get her a gift. While I was there I had severe d* and the nausea came back full force. So I got a Sprite and took a xanax and another Phenergan. Now I am playing the waiting game and the what has caused this game... My anxiety is through the roof and I feel as if I am beconing agorophobic. I had a small sub yesterday for lunch and a potted meat sandwich for supper. My fiancee said he thinks it was the potted meat. I think it was the sub. Hopefully I can keep from v*ing I can suck it up for the d* and I will not take anything for that so I will get whatever is setting off this will get out of my system that way. My middle daughter has had FP before (twice) and she said she only v* 2-3 times and felt loads better after doing that. I told her she was a very brave person. I think if I know for a FACR that I would just do it 2-3 times I could survive, but I don't function like that. Once I start v*ing I can't stop.... something is wrong with me.

Default Re: Help!

Could just be all the stress you under. Try a hot bath to relax you or a distraction to get your mind off it. I get it all the time and it always turns out to be anxiety. My sister said when she got fp she was sick with in 30 minutes of eating the bad food.

I'm really sorry you are going through all this right now. It definitely sounds like stress/anxiety would be the culprit here. I really hope things turn out for you. Hang in there!
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

I am so sorry! Did you touch anything at the elementary school? I am sure its just anxiety from all of the stress.

its not fair we all have to suffer from this phobia!! hang in there