Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I know this sounds dumb but I'm kind of freaking out,

I know this sounds stupid but I guess I just need some reassurance. I work at a restaurant called Friendlys. It has locations on the east coast of the us. Well today my manager was sweeping and found a piece of broccoli on the floor and to pay me back for taking a picture of her after she came back from shoveling snow, she threw the piece of broccoli at me and it almost landed in my mouth. It hit the outside of my lip. Now I'm like worried I can get sick from this. I guess I just need to hear I'm over reacting about it. But I'm still worried

Default Re: I know this sounds dumb but I'm kind of freaking out,

you are definitely worrying too much! I'm guessing that you rinsed your mouth off after this happened because you were worried about the germs but even if you didnt i wouldnt worry at all. It's gross for suer but you didnt injest the old broccli so there is no way for you to get infected.

Funny part is. I didn't rise my mouth out. I didn't even freak out at first just laughed. An hour or 2 later was when I realized it. I only realized it because I was licking my lips from them being dry. I'm trying to get my rational mind to take over and realize I'm being dumb

My brother once dropped a fork on a hospital floor (admittedly it was in the cafeteria, but still...) and continued eating with it and didn't get sick from it. So I think you're safe