Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default do any of you guys carry pepto or some sort of nausea meds 24/7 ?

When my emet was bad i carried a bottle of pepto , nausea pills,and motion sickness pills everywhere i went. it looked like i had a drugstore in my purse lol

Default Re: do any of you guys carry pepto or some sort of nausea meds 24/7 ?

I used to never be without some variation of anti emetic. I usually stashed Nauzene, Benadryl or Unisom, Zofran, etc in my knapsack. However, I've really been trying hard to not allow myself to take anti emetics. I'm not going to lie when I say it's difficult as all hell but it is productive in the long run! I cart around peppermints or ginger hard candies which do me wonders. I have oral fixation when I'm anxious. I dunno why haha but I imagine I am not alone.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

i cart around peppermint altoids. And always a drink with ice chips.

My mum jokes that I'm like a walking pharmacy. Although I actually don't take anything very often when I'm out I don't go anywhere without immodium, paracetamol, anti emetics and various other things.

i have a handbag alone for my tablets! i just feel at ease when i have them wit me.

I do now...lol I finally manned up and got a prescription for Ativan from my doctor I do sleep with Brioschi in my night stand drawer though which helps me burp if I feel nauseous.

I try to have the basics with me at all times, cause I usually can't get home or to a drugstore very rapidly if I feel ill (long commute, lots of inter-city travel) and I am prone to migraines which require immediate treatment if I want to avoid them getting out of hand. So I carry anti-inflammatory painkillers and domperidone (and other stuff like band-aids and lip balm) with me at all times. I do run out sometimes and forget to refill my prescriptions for a few days, though.. I forget my "emergency" kit sometimes and it's no big deal if I don't feel sick (I won't start to panic because I don't have it), but it's useful to have along.
    Last edited by AoD; 11-08-2012 at 02:50 PM.

Funnily enough after I posted on this earlier today I realised I'd been out all morning and had left the bag I keep my tabs in at home. Never thought about it once! Gotta be a good thing!

Don't laugh guys, I do this like my grandma used to do when she was young: As I don't have a handbag, I carry them in my bra, so yeah, they are with me 24/7.
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I take Pepto tablets or Nauzene and Phenargen.

Susan

yup. i never leave without my Nauzene tablets, dramamine and a snack(i have low blood sugar which makes me nauseous)

I also keep phenergan and I have reglan on hand...weird, but it makes me feel better and people (who do not have my quirks) are happy when I hook them up if they do not feel well.

I carry mottilium with me everywhere I go, but does anyone in the UK know the best tablets to have?! I'm so paranoid at the moment but trying (and failing) not to take them every day!

I'm in the UK Lindsey, but Motilium are the only OTC ones that I know of other than Pepto Bisomol (which is a last resort for me because it tastes so bad it makes me gag). You can get something called Buccastem (prochlorperazine) which you put under your lip and let them dissolve (also don't taste great) but I haven't seen those around as much as I have Motilium.

Buccastem are really good. Because you don't swallow them but rather they absorb straight into your bloodstream they work really quickly. And on odd occasions when I've felt really bad I've taken them along with motillium and felt much better (though a bit sleepy). I get both from my doctor now because they're really expensive to buy from the chemist and you only get a few in a pack.

I carry Zofran (for nausea) & Vistaril with me all the time. And peppermints . Even when we are whitewater rafting / kayaking, we have a dry box for Meds-- my husband has migraines, so he has to have his medication with him (8 hrs on the water does not fare well for debilitating migraines / light sensitivity). I just add mine to the mix

Kam, did you ask your doctor to prescribe the motilium and buccastem for you? I recently got a pre-payment certificate because I have other prescriptions I need too, but if I could get antiemetics on it too that'd be great because I spend so much a month on them it's ridiculous! I just don't know if she would prescribe them if I asked.

jennjt - my doc had no probs prescribing them. I actually just told her it was costing me a fortune! Free prescriptions for everyone is so the best thing about living in Scotland. It used to cost me so much when I was down in London.

I carry Motillium instants when I go out because you don`t need a drink with them, & I keep the ordinary tablets in a draw at home with ginger & Pepto Bismol.

I only carry tums and right now it's rare that I do since I am getting better.
    Tumblr :

Facebook :

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~

Thanks guys, think will take a trip to the docs as costing a small fortune over the counter! X

I try not to rely on any anti-emetics/motion sickness. They have a tendency of making you drowsy, and being drowsy makes me more panicky. So I don't take them. The most I take for nausea is Emetrol, which is basically cola syrup. I also like to stay with stuff like ginger tabs or gum.

I don't take Emetrol because taking liquid medicine makes me gag. When I had the stomach virus back in 1987, Mom gave me some Emetrol, but it just came right back up. I take the chewable tablets like Nauzene and Pepto.

Susan

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey_anne View Post
    Thanks guys, think will take a trip to the docs as costing a small fortune over the counter! X
    How about just save yourself money by not taking them? lol unless you have a physical ailment that causes nausea in which case I understand
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

I carry Zofran with me at all times, but I don't use them unless I ACTUALLY need them. It is just the fact that they are there that will help.

I carry Pepto capsules and my Xanax with me at all times.

I carry zofran with me.

I have a bottle of Emetrol ALL the time. If I happen to forget to put a new bottle in my purse, I will go to the store and buy one or I can't get through the day. I also have to keep one next to my bed and now I carry one in my dance bag.

I am so bad I know...

I should try something else.

The dangers of carrying pepto liquid with you - I ruined a perfectly good handbag this week because pepto leaked all over it. What a mess! Luckily neither my phone or ipod were in the bag!

I was prescribed it for a side effect of a medication years ago but obviously that expired (we're talking 2002 here). I didn't carry it with me, except if I was on a vacation, but I really only threw it away last year because it was so old. Nowadays I carry a sea-band with me in my purse (because I know it works for me) or I wear it if I'm going on a long car ride, or eating greasy food like the buttery popcorn in movie theaters (will set off my panic).