Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I got a party invitation for my neice's 5th b-day yesterday. So, all was well and good and my kids can't wait to see their 3 cousins-one of whom I am going to Christen as my Godchild. Well, I just got a message from my sis-in-law asking if we got the invite and then she asked" I was wondering if Bria. or Alia(mykids) got that v*d*thing going around because Sydnie(thebirthdaygirl) has been sick since Tuesday and Bailee(my 3yrold neice)is sorta ok now I think?Well, I have not called her back yet because-I REALLY do not want the gory details. Here is my prob., the party is a week from Sunday-9days from today.Is it gonna be safe to go?Here is the other thing. My mom and dad in-laws watch them while she works and not that I am trying to pass judgment on their cleanliness but they ALL ALWAYS catch these bugs from these kids!Last year my s.i.l got it after she shook out the blanket one of them v*all over and the stuff went in her [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]face!I nearly died when I heard that cause to me, nothing that saturated is worth saving-I don't care if the blanket was from the MingDynasty! So even if IDO go, anyone could be a carrier but if Idon't, they will be disapointed. HELP!

I'd wait and see as it gets closer. If no one else catches it, then in 9 days, you should be totally fine! If more people start getting it, I might be a little more worried. You don't have to let them know right away, do you?
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

I agree, wait until next week to decide if you should go. If no one else gets sick, and the kids are better, I say your fine to go. I don't think you should make the decision yet. And don't stress out about it yet either. Just tell her that you might already have plans next week, and you will see if you can cancel. Or you can always say your kids aren't feeling well and you want to wait. Just don't stress out about it. I say as long as everyone is doing better by next Wed, you should be in the clear. Let us know what happens.

Ya know this just stinks, this ALWAYS happens to me. For the past 2 years, I've cancelled going to my best freind's Christmas parties (at the last min. mind you)because someone in her family has had an sv.in the week leading up to the party and ICAN'T get past the fear of contamination. Which then of course, I've had to LIE which I HATE and make up excuses. I wish I could just be honest and say something like"Nothing personal, just me being a fraidy cat again" or at least pretend that I don't know so much about sv's long enough to make it threw the damn pinata. AAARRRGGGH!And-it's JUNE for Godsakes!Does it EVER end?

I say wait and see as it gets closer also. I would think that if no one else gets it by next Fri. or Sat. that you would be in the clear, but the bottom line is, if you dont feel comfortable going, dont go. Seems like us emets are always playing the wait and see game ..................

oh great!, more v* bugs are going around?..where do you live?...you know if it was me I wouldn't go at all!...I feel bad for you, that just plain sucks, to have to make excuses, huh?...i'm sure if no one else gets sick it should be fine..but, I'm the worrier type so I would't go, I'm sure my hubby would be upset with me..but I'm sure you will make the right decision....good luck..and if you go have a good time!!!&nbsp ;SheriEdited by: sheri-baby
    ~Sheri~

Sheri, I live in Massachusetts but my neices are in New Hampshire.They always seem to get the bugsAFTER we do down here. It's like it migrates for Pete's sake.

I talked to my mother-in-law today.All three of them are sick with d*-including the baby. She was babysitting them even though they're still ill. I told her to be carefull about changing their diapers and she said she has been washing her hands after each changing(imagine-she just thought to do that now that they are sick [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img])I tried to stress to her that the bug is still in the poop up to two weeks AFTER they are feeling better and it is very contagious.I'm sure she thinks that I am either studying medical journals so that I may apply for a job at the C.D.C someday, or more likely that that...I'm just INSANE! I told her my kids are sick too-which technicaly is not a lie since they have terrible coughs.....Okay, so may not be such terrible coughs but they DO have colds.Okay, and yes they will probably not still have their colds this weekend, but you just never can tell!How does that sound?Convincing? I did'nt think so either but thats all I got. So, I am still undecided about going. It's a week from today.Which translates to this-I will be fretting for seven days ......To be continued.