Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I have been reading some posts on the other forums and noticed several people who have had food poisoning. I have never had it and hope I never experience it. But, I was wondering for those of you that have had food poisoning, what food caused it. I know 2-3 people that have gotten it from Taco Bell so I am very careful about eating there. I have heard that food poisoning is 10 times worse than a sv--is that true?

I know this isn't a very lovely topic, but I would like to know!

Jess

Oh my God, I know someone who got sick from Taco Bell too!I also watched a show once about heavymetal bands and they were asked about the worst food experiences on the road and at least 4 of them said they got sick from- I think it was called Waffle House or something like that.

My husband got food poisoning from Taco Bell. It was horrible! I refuse to eat there now! I also know of co-workers who have gotten food poisoning from there. I actually heard somewhere that they would rather pay the fines for not conforming to standards than to re-vamp their food. I also heard that their meat is not real meat - it is liek this liquid "stuff" that looks like meat when it is cooked. I never knew anyone who worked there, so I don't know how true either of these claims are, but they kind of make you think!

Did you know that Taco Bell is the 2nd cleaniest fast food resturant?? Can you believe that??I saw that on 20/20 special about fast food resturants. I have gotten horrible d* from there. They said that food poisioning from there is least likely to happen, cause their meat comes pre-cooked. All they do is reheat it. Makes you wonder huh??

I have had it before. Kind of graphic...maybe

I was hospitalized for dehydration because of it. I v* for about 12 hours about 1 hour apart and had HORRIBLE stomach pains. UGH! No d* just v*. They gave me IV Phenergan and it did not help. I felt SO BAD that I was sticking my finger down my throat to v*! I was in the hospital for 3 days!

Its BAD!

I have had food poisoning before also. It was 2 and a half years
    ago. And it is MUCH worse then a sv*. I v* every 20 min for
    7 hours! But as quickly as it hit me, it went away. By the
    next night, I was eating dinner! You asked what caused the food
    poisoning. I hate writing it because it reminds me of that
    horrible night.....but it was pork chops. Ick! I can't even
    look at the word![img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] The strange thing was, that no one else who ate dinner that night got food poisoning....just unlucky me. Carrie

why do you think it's food poisoning from pork chops?...noone else got sick, you said....how do you know it wasn't a virus?...people often think sv's are food poisoning and vice versa...i dunno, just my observation

Sheri
    ~Sheri~

I could have been the pork chop. Maybe that one particular piece of meat was bad or didn't get cooked enough. Especially if maybe it was thicker than the rest so the center didn't get cooked but the others did.

Hi Jess!! I got food poisoning from chicken, it was horrible, the stomach cramps were so strong I was doubled over at times. Sadly I was the one who made it. They said the chicken wasn't good. Now I always sniff my meats and if I feel they don't smell right I won't cook it.

Hi!

I just wanted to ask sillygirl what does re-vamp food mean? You said Taco Bell (and other fast food restaurants?) would rather pay fines than re-vamp their food. Hmm...last summer when I was in the States I ate stuff from Taco Bell several times. I'm going again this summer and now I wonder if I should not eat there anymore. But if I tell my friend who I'm going to see that he's gonna think that I'm being ridiculous. He understands how afraid I am of vomiting but still he thinks I go overboard with this stuff sometimes.

Taco Bell is supposed to be a very clean restaurant. I do know someone
    who works there and she has told me that they are quite proud and
    recieve awards for being the cleanest restaurant (particularly her
    location in the mall). So I am surprised to hear that. I dont eat meat
    from restaurants very often anyway, and if I ever, but very rarely eat
    at taco bell, I just get the chips and cheese.

I have had FP before from a frozen pizza oddly enough. I was just a kid
    and didnt care a whole lot at the time but it was an awful experience
    and I was staying at a friends house and was sick really bad, and her
    mom made HER clean it up in the morning. I felt really bad, and I never
    ever eat red baron pizza anymore.

i'm terrified of food poisoning. it's one of the reasons i decided to go vegetarian, not that it doesn't ever occur with vegetables, soy, or cheese, but the chances are lower. ah, the things emets will do....

I heard the bad reports back when I was in high school, so things could have changed since then. That was about 7 years ago or so.

By re-vamp I mean change the way they cook their food and everything, but it sounds like thye are already doing that.

Chibi - I was surprised that you got fp from a frozen pizza. I guy I work with had that happen about a year ago and I had never heard that you could get fp from frozen pizza. I guess you can!

I have had food poisoning from Taco Bell before. I didn't v* though, I got really really bad d* for three days... and I only stopped because I had nothing left to poo out... I was pooing mucous. It was so disgusting. I felt horrible though. I also got full blown food poisoning when I was like 7 from McDonalds chicken mcnuggets. I knew there was sometihng funky about them though because they tasted really really weird. That was horrible. I was on vacation too.

<3 Allie
    **No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I find it kind of odd - if Taco Bell supposedly is so clean, how come so many people get food poisoning there? Just an observation [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]