Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Is it possible to be emetophobic and emetophilic (sp?) at the same time? When ever someone near me V* or i feel like i have to I'm scared half to death but when i see it on TV or in a book it doesn't bother me, just makes me sort of excited. Can anyone help me?

Can anybody at all at least give me some advice?

I have always wondered about this too and whenever there is something
    about v* in a program i dont get excited but i get very interested.
    Thats as much as i can say i dont really have any advise, but i always
    thought that emetiphilia was at the extreme end of the spectrum.

There is I think for ALL of us to some degree an obsessiveness about hearing stories about and gaining knowledge about V* .I think if you are talking about-emetophillia -you could not possibley also be emetophobic because that would mean you'd get turned on by something that you fear the most. I'm an emet. and I also am scared to death if someone v* near me, but only if I know there is a chance I could catch it as well, like food poisoning or a virus. We are all the same in many ways and some are differant in many ways. Some of us can't watch a movie if there is a v*sceen. I love to watch fear factor-it doe'snt bother me. But I'd rather not see someone v*. And I don't really understand the people who go on that show.But I would'nt say it excites me to see it.Does this help any?

For me, seeing v on tv is kind of like a car wreck - even though its awful, I can't take my eyes away - same with hearing about someone v'ing. I always want all the details. However, seeing it in person or doing it myself is a totally different story - I want nothing to do with it at all. Is anyoen else more scared of vomiting themselves than seeing other people do it? Don't get me wrong, I bolt if someone does it near me, but I am waaaay more afraid of doing it myself, and 100 times more scared of doing it outside my home. I think maybe my fear isn't as much about v'ing as it is v'ing in front of others. If I can find a good alone spot (preferably my own home!) my panic usually subsides. Does anyone else have this feeling too? Sometimes I get so worked up thinking I am going to be sick that i feel like I am going to gag...I can't move until the feeling passes. This is my worst nightmare, cause I need to get away when i get that feeling but I can't move. Does anyone else experience this? This is my weirdest thng I think.

No MJEWELL, I've experienced that as well-even to the point of being scared when I moved to a new apartment because I never got sick there before and did'nt know if I'd feel comfortable about doing it there. This phobia covers all the bases.

Although I often think I'd rather die than vomit, I can watch it on TV and talk about it with no problem and I always come on here and look for graphic posts too - maybe it's a way to help me I don't know [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]
    Nikki

MJewell- I can completely relate. But I fear v* in front of others and alone. But if i'm alone-I have anxiety attacks less frequently-and I have to be completely alone. i dont know why-but it ruins my life.

holly103 I'm sorry, it sucks. I almost envy people that can make themselves sick in order to feel better. When I first posted here, I was thinking maybe I am not so scared to v*, just in fromt of others, but on Satruday ngiht i had a terrible migraine and was extremely nauseous. I thought I was going to v* and I was totally panicking, doing anything I could to keep it down. Awful.

I have to be completely alone too - even when my dogs are around I get more anxious. So weird!!! I always want my husband to leave when i don't feel good.

being emetophilic isnt "not minding v* on television".

emetophilic is liking the action of V*ing so much it turns u on or something isnt it?

maybe this is what u mean.. idk.

xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If it is on tv, or someone has already v* i get very interested. I think it because it is so unknown to me that it is something totally alien. Things like that often interest us.

x
    <font color=MAGENTA>*~Lauren~*</font>
    [b]Music fans
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm the same way with V*ing on TV and in the movies. I even read the whole "Frequently Asked Questions About Vomiting" And I actually learned a few things. It's not like it EXCITES me or anything but for some reason when it's out there on the net or TV or something I get interested and want to see or read more.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Certain things bother people more than others and
    sometime we just don't know why. Half the time i can't even
    explain it to other people i just know what makes me uncomfortable and
    what doesn't. Maybe it intrests you on television because
    it is someone who can "do it</span> "</span>and
    you know they are ok. Maybe it's because you know you can't catch it.
    What you do know is it bothers you and you don't like it.</font>