Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I'm in a massive panic, and i dont know what to do with myself

I am in my first year of college, and thankful because i thought bugs didnt really go round as much in college as they do in secondary school. Turns out thats not the case, its worse!
    One of my best friends came into college on tuesday after having the day of on monday and said that she had v* on sunday and her whole family had it. Then i here that my other friend had a bug in the half term (last week) Now, today my friend called me up saying she went home yesterday because she v* at college.
    I am having a MASSIVE freak out. Im so scared and i dont know what do do. I felt fine today, but after that call im feeling shakey.. i just had to get water because i thought i was about to throw up. Im so scared and i dont know what to do! This bug has gone threw 3 of my friends, its never done that before and im so scared. Im beside myself

Default Re: I'm in a massive panic, and i dont know what to do with myself

They probably all caught it from different sources, and remember that some people are careless with hand washing too! So if you always wash your hands as soon as you come home and always before meals and touching your face, you should be fine. As long as they don't come into your home touching everything, you will be alright. Also, if it's not noro (less severe) it's not as contagious either, so it'll be more difficult to spread around. The real danger is really if someone gets sick inside your home and even then lots of people have managed to stay illness free even in that case. I was careful throughout college, wouldn't touch food with my hands when outside of my home (except when drunk.. silly me) and I'm doing my master's now, and I haven't (yet) caught anything from talking to people who are sick. Just make it clear to your friends that they are NOT to touch your things after they have been ill and to always wash their hands when they visit you. You should be fine that way.