Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

This is what my doctor is prescribing for me for prenatals. I am finishing up my pills this week and then I am going to try to get pregnant - I am so excited!! I told her I wanted whatever gave the least stomach upset, and she thought this was best. Any ideas, suggestions on how to avoid the problems? Has anyone ever taken these before?

I also have a theory - I wonder if it hits people harder who do not take multi-vitamins normally? I always take normal women's multi-vitamins, so I wonder if it may not be as bad since I am already used to taking them, maybe the slight increase in iron and stuff won't be as dramatic for me as someone who does not normally take vitamins?

I could'nt take the vitamiins due to stomach upset, but I think in my case-I was five ft tall and only about 90 lbs when I first got pregnant and the vitamins are made the same for ALL people.(I was also having a lot of anorexia issues I was trying to overcome)So my Dr. told me I could take Flintstones complete, folic acid,( and a low dose of iron towards the end)and I and my babies were fine. And you could be right because before that, I never took a vitamin so your body is probably gonna be just fine with the vitamins.But CONGRATS!!!I am very excited for you!!

I never had any troubles with my prenatal vitamins, well .......... I did during my third pregnancy. I had gotten sick (caught it from my son, lucky me, lol) and couldnt take the prenatals that my doc had prescribed, so they told me I could take Flintstones vitamins. I did that for about a month, and then went back to my regular prenatals and had no trouble.

Leigh - what did getting sick have to do with the prenatals? Was your stomach just more sensitive after you were sick?

I have another question - when should I start taking them? This is my last week of hormone pills, then there is a week of placebos (which I suppose I really don't need to take) then I am done. Do I need to wait until I am done with the pills before I start the vitamins?

Oh, another question. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] I also take plain vitamin C supplements. I have found that since I started taking them, I rarely if ever get sick with a cold. I may start to feel bad, but my body seems to kick it really fast. Can I still take those on top of the prenatals?

I forgot to ask the doctor these questions - oops!!

Gee, I'm not sure about the vit. C. I guess it all depends how many milligrams there are in each pill. Ask your Dr., even if he/she is busy, I'm sure a nurse in the office could answer this question for you. Since they are just strong vitamins, you could probably start taking them anytime, but if you'd feel more comfortable, wait untill the hormone pills are done.

Yes, after I was sick that time, I couldnt take my prescribed prenatals without my stomach hurting. No nausea or anything, my stomach just hurt. My doctor said he didnt think my prenatals had anything to do with it, but that I could take the Flintstones. I took them for about a month, and then I was fine.

I would ask my doctor about taking the vitamin c along with your prenatal.