Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Freaking out

Default Freaking out

Hi sorry for another panic post but I just ate a bagel that I dropped on the floor of the car. I wasn't really thinking and now I'm freaking out because I'm thinking how my shoes have been there and where my shoes have been and all the bacteria that must have gotten on the bagel someone please help or if someone could go on chat

Default Re: Freaking out

Oh dear =( I know how you feel. I used to be this way when I was younger (23 yrs now). Try not to worry. I could get on chat if you need. I have many stories that are very similar. I was always fine, the the fear is the worst.

Here is a good story. When I was in the 1st or 2nd grade, we could eat our lunch outside because at the time I was in CA. I had a juice box, and I dropped the straw on the ground, and I was SO scared that some oil, or germs got on the straw. Its hard to remember but I think I still used it but worried myself over it. Now that Im older, I realize that it was silly to be scared over. But I totally understand the feeling.

Well, while it is a bit gross, it's probably safe enough. I mean, my brother used a forked he had dropped on a hospital floor (can't get any germier than that) and he didn't get ill. o_o