Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy New Here. Child was sick.

Hey Guys, Im new here. This is my first post. I have been an Emet since I was in 2nd grade. Im 23 now. Its been on and off in terms of intensity. My son who is 4 was sick yesterday. Woke up yesterday at midnight(over 24 hrs ago) throwing up. He threw up 4 times, the last time being at 830 yesterday morning. It so hard having a child that is sick. I did surprisingly well dealing with it. About an hour and a half after the first time he puked I started feeling really sick, and feeling like I could v*. I dont know if it was because I was nervous, or if I had what he had. I didnt v* and no d* but I didnt go to the bathroom because I was scared that I may have it...and I didnt want to know. I was awake ALL night, my son slept in my room on the floor and I held the bowl while he v*. He is 4, there really is nothing else I could have done. I felt better the next morning and finally got to sleep. He is better today, I am still on high alert. I am very nervous that I will get it, if I didnt already have the same night he did. I was around him while he v*, and this makes me so nervous but I had no choice. I have sanitized surfaces and washed my hands, but wasnt very careful the day leading up to him being sick. All this is so nerve wrecking. =(

Default Re: New Here. Child was sick.

sounds like you did a great job taking care of your son.....congrats! i would guess that as long as you've been mindful of the hygiene since he first got sick you should be alright since the sv is transmitted through the vomit particles......just keep your hands clean and away from your face...

again.......you sound like a great mom!
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oh well thank you. Its really the first time I have had to deal with this. He was sick last year, but was at his dads house so I wasnt there. He was also sick when he was younger, but he couldn't talk and tell me and it just wasnt like this experience. The funny thing, or not so funny, is I have been a mess all week worrying about him being sick. He is in preschool now, and that sends me into panic mode. Plus its that time of year. Im glad its over (hopefully) now. Just very nervous about me getting sick and my SO. The worry never ends, it seems.

How about having a mask around next time you have to take care of him? You can wear it so you won't inhale the particles and you'll worry less. Santizing everything well take care of the other part of the worry. Maybe that's hindering "recovery" and trying to overcome the phobia, but if it helps you get through it....