Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question graphic question about poop?

I've never been diagnosed with IBS, so I don't know what I've got going on intestinally. Since sunday when I got my period, I've had bad poop cramps like I need to D*. My sister was sick tuesday with terrible D* and she V* twice. All week long, even though I never pooped, I had terrible cramps and really really hot burning gas. I finally went today and it was strange....

*graphic part now*
    It was like a giant log of a poop, only broken into thirds and was kinda furry soft, and the whole thing came out with this brown liquid start-style coating. It acted like D* but there was a giant shit in the toilet too. A couple minutes later, while I was still on there I got this bad urge to push, and had like, really really soft, almost too soft to get out poop.
    *graphic part over*

Now, about an hour and a half later, I'm freaked that this is just some kind of delayed exposure to my sister's D/V bug from tuesday, or some other kind of illness, because it was real soft and loose at the end I'm worried more D* is coming, and that this is gonna somehow make me V*. I've been eating strangely and kinda terribly since sunday and don't know if that might be the cause for my oddball poo's or what....

Another thing, I slept til 9am today, and it's 10:20pm and I'm absolutely exhausted.... I walked around the mall for a couple hours today which is tiring but usually I still have energy to do stuff. I didn't eat a whole lot today so maybe that's why I'm so worn out, but I have no idea, all I can think of is that my sister ALWAYS sleeps and gets completely wiped out when she's sick, and I know full well that there's no way this could be germs from her on tuesday, that was way too long ago to get me sick and all that, but I'm still worried I'm going to keep pooping all night or something....
    thanks guys, I know I'm nuts....

Default Re: graphic question about poop?

I'm right there with you, i think it's most probably period related. I just got mine today and have had the aweful cramp d* feeling all day. Of course i'm naturally freaking out too because my mum has a d* virus of some sort right now, although she hasn't v* and she has had the virus for a few days, she has been saying she's felt like she's going to v*. I'm exhausted alot too, i think that's most likely down to the anxiety and worrying. You're right, it's been a few days since your sister got sick so i would think you are in the clear.

This sounds a lot like poo I can sometimes get with IBS. Although you say you haven't got it, all it means I think is that your intestines are not quite happy right now. It is most likely period related, although if it persists you might want to see your gp. I think if you had caught something from your sister, you would be having d* like she did. Feel better!
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I know what it's like to worry about my poop. Every time my bowels are soft and fast, I worry. I have IBS so it happens often. I reassure myself that it's not watery like it was when I had the stomach virus years ago.

Susan