Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default horrible few days. thought i was okay but now i feel sick again. need someone.

so a couple days ago i was feeling really sick, but, as usual, i ended up getting through it after some panic attacks and copious amounts of crying. after that i was still feeling pretty shaky, but i was okay, i could eat and everything even if i was nervous. today, though, how i felt before seems to have come back. it started earlier, just a hungry kind of nauseas feeling. so i ate some eggs, but the feeling didn't go away. i've been waiting for it to go away but hours later i just feel worse. my stomach feels bloated, but empty, and it tightens in pain, and i'll get these waves of nausea for a few seconds. i tried taking an antacid but so far it hasn't helped a whole lot. i even tried eating more but i just can't, i can't put the food in my mouth. every little bit i get in doesn't seem to do anything except make me more nervous.
    i'm seriously at the end of my rope, i thought i was okay but now i'm not and it's so exhausting. i just sit in pain waiting for it to be over and getting more and more anxious and i hate it so much, i hate this. i don't know what to do.

Default Re: horrible few days. thought i was okay but now i feel sick again. need someone.

are you sure you aren't [pregnant? These symptoms are identical to the ones i would have in my pregnancies.

Default Re: horrible few days. thought i was okay but now i feel sick again. need someone.

this sounds like anxiety to me......and it's such a vicious cycle.......try and find a really good distraction for your mind......go for a walk and listen to music .....a video game that will take all your attention......maybe try some meditation......i find that wii interactive games are great.....

also, eat some bland foods at first.....oatmeal, potatoes, toast ...things like that. this doesnt sound like a sv or anything ....just sounds like a bad case of nerves.......

hope you feel better soon............
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thankyou guys I've been trying to calm down but there's just kind of this constant pressure in my stomach. I still can't get myself to eat anything, but I have noticed that when I try to relax it eases up a little. It's just so hard, I'm so strung out and I feel like every time I let my guard down it comes back again....
    and allilove I'm definitely sure

ugh i was feeling kind of ok. i had a bath and i was trying to relax. but now i'm sitting in bed and i feel nauseas all over again. i constantly have this gross feeling like in my stomach and the back of my throat, and then it'll get more painful in waves. and when i look at my stomach from the side, it sticks out. it's already 4am i'm so tired...

i've been sleeping on and off all day and i don't feel better. i seriously don't know what's wrong with me.

This might sound weird but drink a cup of hot coffee or tea with no sugar. Sip it slowly throughout your panic and nauseous spells. thats what i do evertime i used to get my nauseous spells. It really works. the caffeine helps with nausea when drinking slow small sips and the hotness of the coffee or tea is calming. you can melt a little xanax or coppeline in it as well:] to comfort you i wont to let you know YOU ARE NOT GETTING SICK. that nauseous feeling is your anxiety . proven fact anxiety not only causes you to feel sick but causes acid reflux as well

Sounds like your stomach is bloated with gas, that distends it and causes the pain and nausea. It can happen because of certain foods or anxiety. As skyler390 mentionned, sip on something warm and try to apply a warm compress over your abdomen. I get that a lot due to possible gastroparesis (not diagnosed, but still) and I take domperidone to help when I feel like that (it empties the stomach faster). Maybe you ought to speak to your doctor about that and see what your options are?

Thankyou both!!! A warm compress is definitely nice. I wouldn't be surprised if it's only anxiety.... it's so hard to tell, it all feels the same.
    It's been very up and down for me. Yesterday I woke up feeling alright, and I was good all day.. but then it started to hurt again. I felt hungry but when I ate I felt sick. I ate a single cracker and it hurt my stomach haha. I can't tell what is what anymore.

hey, i've been having pretty much the same symptoms the past couple of days, it would be anxiety for both of us i'd say

it pisses me off so much when i'm hungry, eat and then feel sick! argh thats whats happened all day. you need to try and eat a bit more, one cracker wont be helping anything :/ part of the reason youd be feeling yuck is because you haven't been eating, even if you just take tiny nibbles of a handful of crackers maybe? toast, tea and fruit is also good, that what ive been eating haha! hope your feeling better xx

Ugh, I'm guessing it's definitely is anxiety. :C It's been off and off constantly. I'll feel perfectly fine, and then it'll start bothering me again!
    Last edited by bribriHEARTS; 11-12-2012 at 05:03 AM.