Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Random T.M.I. question

I am constipated, and its making me feel ill. What can I take that will help me....move things along. I have taken colace(?) in the past and that was terrible. it was like having a virus but out the other end. and it made me feel really ill. suggestions anyone?
    ~always wishing for the best, Eveningstar~

Default Re: Random T.M.I. question

Do you have the urge to go and just can't get it out? If so, try nibbling on some of those fiber wafers or take a stool softener. I had to take those after I had my daughter cause of my stitches. The fiber just kind of helped to soften things up so you dont have to strain and should not give you watery d or cramping like laxatives.
    I feel so bad for you I know how shitty (no pun intended) it feels. Hope you get some relief!
    Jennifer

Well, my problem is i have been using bismuth chewable pills on and off lately. and that apparently seems to stop the nausea but plug things up. sigh. If its not one thing its another. I have a hard time swallowing pills, they have to be really really small or chewable or in a liquid form. any suggestions for stool softeners like that?

Metamucil (sp?) makes these fiber wafers or biscuit-type things. They aren't as yummy as eating a cookie, but they are pleasant enough that you can eat them easily. I think Philips Milk of Magnesia also makes small pills that are like the size of a baby aspirin so those go down easily.
    I've also heard good things about apple or prune juice-that they can help get things moving. Unfortunately I can't get prune juice past my lips and apple juice never had that effect on me.
    Jennifer

Oh yes, the bismuth will cause constipation. The one thing I found to work very well is polyethylene glycol powder (lax-a-day I think). It doesn't cause cramping or anything, it's pretty inert but it draws water in the bowels. You can just dissolve it in a glass of juice or water. It feels a bit gritty but it's not so bad. Also, it won't cause more constipation if you don't drink enough water (fiber can do that).

Miralax...it's basically flavorless so you can mix it in any drink. It's also an osmotic, so it helps bring water into the intestines for softer stools. I have been taking it forever (haha) and it's safe. Buy the generic, it's cheaper. Also, All Bran cereal has 40% fiber daily allowance in 1/2 cup. I often mix it with another cereal and have it every other day or so. Also...warm apple juice. If I am really having a problem, I will heat up apple juice first thing in the morning to drink, sometimes putting miralax in there. Can you tell I have had lots of experience with constipation???? HAHAHA.

Thanks so much for your help you guys!

If you drink warm water with juice of half a lemon in it, it can relieve constipation, d* and many other problems in that area. It's best to drink it first thing in the morning but anytime will do. I used to drink it just as a bit of a detox and to be a bit more health conscious. It is quite sour but it doesn't taste terrible. Here's a good link: http://www.livestrong.com/article/35...h-lemon-water/
    it's good for so many things with your body so yeah, give it a go and hopefully this could be a natural way to get your bowels moving again. Cereals and fibre etc. will also help you out and drinking heaps of water. It's not nice being blocked up. Hope you feel better soon!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching"

My Emetophobia blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My photography Tumblr:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Honestly sorry for the TMI but when I'm Constipated i use a fleet enema that way it just gets everything out and you feel so much better after