Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default So fed up and feeling out of control

All of a sudden I'm really panicked about getting sick, I've done so well for a and time and winter comes along bringing the paranoia back again! I posted earlier about feeling sick with a headache and the panic continues to rise! My son has to start immunosuppressants next week for his severe eczema and I'm freaked out by that! Terrified of the side effects he may get and don't want to let him down by going off the deep end again! Feeling hopeless and constantly crying again which really isn't me! No one around me understands and tells me to pull myself together again cause they think I'm over my phobias (which I'm not) so wish I could be normal!

Default Re: So fed up and feeling out of control

I'm sorry to hear you're having a rough time. That happens sometimes...almost like you relapse. You will get through this. You've done it once and you will do it again! Hang in there!
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

It's normal to be overwhelmed sometimes. You're obviously under a lot of stress, and that's not something anyone can easily deal with, even "normal" people. Especially if you're worried also about your son's health, and you must be tired and that can make things feel even darker than they are. Don't beat yourself up over crying, that's probably because of the fatigue and stress as well. You can get through this, and you will. Take some time for yourself to relax (read, listen to music, sip tea). This is just a passing storm, things will get better. As for the medication your son is prescribed, if they are corticosteroids I'm fairly sure that v* isn't a common side effect of those. So you can ease your mind about that, at the very least.

Thanks for your replies, it really helps! Feel a little better tonight, just the odd nasty thought! Thanks again guys