Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Period Question

Does anyone else get a slight rise in temperature right before their period?

I've heard that that's what's supposed to happen, and that happens with my friends...my parents hid the thermometer so i couldn't take my temperature constantly, so i'm not sure about myself.

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Actually, your temperature will drop just before your period. I know this b/c I was doing temps, and that sort of thing to get pregnant, and your temp rises when you ovulate. If you are pregnant your temperature will stay up. However, your temp fluctuates throughout the day, and is highest in the late afternoon, and lowest right before you wake up in the morning. I know this b/c I'm taking nursing right now, and I looked it up in my book.

Hope that answers your question.

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

Thanks Crystal and Anya!\[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

lol guess i was wrong then! sorry about that!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Nah, Anya, I feel hotter before my mine, it's only the physiology stuff I know. I wasn't trying to make you sound bad...sorry if I did!! [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

I looked it up myself too. I heard all different kinds of theories.This onesitesaid it raises at ovaulation and stays raised until you start your period. I also heard it drops right before you get it. Anyway, dont worry about it! No problem! Just curious. I seem to feel hot and my temperature is up like .5-1 degree higher before my peroids. Wasnt sure if anyone else had that.

My temp goes up a bit a couple of days before my period and I feel sick, than when its here my temp is back to normal. I think everyone is different and we all get symptoms and different times. I don't want my period anymore after what happened yesterday. I don;t know if my body is getting ready for the change but I got to tell you I have had it. My friend had day surgery done on Wed. I forget what it is called but I am so tempted right now to have it done, the one thing that is holding me back is being knocked out and worry if I will be sick.

If you are wondering about your periods right down in a journal or a calendar what your symptoms are, put down when you have your period. That is what I do and now I know if I feel warm or sick I go back to the day I had my period count it out and you will find that it is your period that it may be your period that is causing you to feel this way.