Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Am I overreacting? Help?!?!

Hi everyone,

My sister had some kind of weird V* and D* thing going on last Wednesday. On Wednesday morning, she D* and she only V* one time, and she said that it was only bile.

Earlier that morning, I asked her to hand me my iPod touch, and she did. I was unaware that she was not feeling good, so I didn't worry about her touching my stuff. About 30 minutes after she handed me my iPod, she V*. I am not sure why she got sick, and that is what worries me. We went to Frisch's the day before, and she said that the chicken that she ordered tasted funny. I don't know if it was food poisoning, because wouldn't she have gotten sick that night and not the morning after? Or do you think she had a little virus? If you guys have any idea what she might of had, please let me know...

Also, What should I do about my iPod touch? I am very hesitant to use it, because my sister handled it the day she got sick.... I DID Lysol it, but I am still afraid to use it, and I really just can't afford to sell it and buy a new one...

Am I being paranoid? I really just don't want to get sick...

Also, what do you think I should do about my iPod? I really do love it....

HELP?!

Default Re: Am I overreacting? Help?!?!

Well, first good news is that if she only v* and had d* once it's not noro, which is the most difficult and contagious sv out there that I know of. Lysol will kill pretty much every other virus that causes v* and d*, so your iPod is probably very safe now. Just don't lick or something Second good news is that most sv* will make someone sick a few times over 12h-24h, so it kinda does sound like she had either fp or she made herself sick by stressing about the food. Food poisoning is usually within a few hours of eating, you're right, but sometimes it is delayed to the next day (that happened to my brother and my mom once). Also keep in mind that if it was a sv, the danger is only when exposed to viral particles from v* or d* so unless she went and had d* and didn't wash her hands before touching your stuff, it would have been perfectly safe anyway. If you're really worried, wipe it again with lysol (don't soak it, it's not waterproof, use a wipe just slightly damp). And just wash your hands after handling it before you eat or touch your face. Alternatively, you can quarantine it by putting it away for two weeks, by that time there won't be anything alive on it. So you're safe, no need to sell it.