Do you all remember when I got a new puppy (chihuahua) for Valentine's Day? Well, I had to get rid of him. I am so sad, and can't seem to shake it. I sold him to my ex-mother in law whom I can't stand, so when my kids are over there, my 8 year old daughter can play with him. (she was wayyy too attached) Anyways, in my mind, I know that the dog is probably content in his new surroundings, but what about when I put him in his kennel last Sunday to take him over there?? I just dropped him off in a strange house, with strange people. This puppy really trusted me, and loved me. He was a great companion.

You are probably wondering why I got rid of him? Well, we live in a townhome with no fenced in our yard, so when I would have to let him out to go potty, I would always have to wait for him togo, then bring him in. Well, I have a 19 month old son who I couldn't always take outside with me because he likes to run out in the street. Not good. So the dog would potty in the hallway by the door, and the smell is now almost impossible to get rid of. Heck, sometimes I would sit outside with him for a long time, only to have him run back in the house (I would leave the door open) to pee!!!! Crazy huh?? Anyways, bottom line is...having a puppy that isn't house broken, and a toddler....and no yard made it hard for me. I really want him back, but I know I did what was best for everyone. I sure got attached to him. Is there any way to ease my mind about this? I think about him all the time. I just feel so empty without him by my side. Do you think he realized that I "abandoned" him? Do you think he is capable of missing me too?? I hope not.... [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]Just need some pet advice?? Thanks, Charlotte