Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Do you all remember when I got a new puppy (chihuahua) for Valentine's Day? Well, I had to get rid of him. I am so sad, and can't seem to shake it. I sold him to my ex-mother in law whom I can't stand, so when my kids are over there, my 8 year old daughter can play with him. (she was wayyy too attached) Anyways, in my mind, I know that the dog is probably content in his new surroundings, but what about when I put him in his kennel last Sunday to take him over there?? I just dropped him off in a strange house, with strange people. This puppy really trusted me, and loved me. He was a great companion.

You are probably wondering why I got rid of him? Well, we live in a townhome with no fenced in our yard, so when I would have to let him out to go potty, I would always have to wait for him togo, then bring him in. Well, I have a 19 month old son who I couldn't always take outside with me because he likes to run out in the street. Not good. So the dog would potty in the hallway by the door, and the smell is now almost impossible to get rid of. Heck, sometimes I would sit outside with him for a long time, only to have him run back in the house (I would leave the door open) to pee!!!! Crazy huh?? Anyways, bottom line is...having a puppy that isn't house broken, and a toddler....and no yard made it hard for me. I really want him back, but I know I did what was best for everyone. I sure got attached to him. Is there any way to ease my mind about this? I think about him all the time. I just feel so empty without him by my side. Do you think he realized that I "abandoned" him? Do you think he is capable of missing me too?? I hope not.... [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]Just need some pet advice?? Thanks, Charlotte
    Spring is here!

hey Charlotte sorry to hear u have had to get rid of him.....they are very much hard work....and with u having a toddler and no fencing can put alot of strain on the normal puppy things they do.....i don't think it will affect him in the long run of course he will take a while to settle in,but he's young and will eventually adjust and selling him to your ex mother-in-law is good,because at least the dog will be familiar with your kids.....i hope u can come to terms with having to let him go,u have done the best thing....u have to think about yourself and the kids and aswell as the puppy....i know that i will never get a puppy again as...it was sooooooooooo much harder then i ever imagined....and i don't even have kids but i was a nanny for 5yrs and that was easier then having a pup....i mean now that she's 20mths old it so much easier but still there are times that frustrate me,especially when i leave her to go out and she chews my floor or anything she can get her teeth around....cheeky monkey!!!!!!

anyway u take care and just remember the happy times u had with him and put things into reality and u will realize u have done the best thing

Vicky x

Oh thats sad. But you did the right thing, and I'm sure if the puppy gets love and attention where he is living now (whichI'm sureheis) he will be happy.Ihave two dwarf bunnies, Jessica rabbit and Mistletoe(born on Christmas) and since they are caged, they are very easy to take care of and VERY snuggly and cute. They are pretty quiet and cleaning there cages every two days is easier than walking a pet.Not very good pets for toddlers, however(they are very fragile and get should'nt be handled by anyone under say-age 6)But whenever I have my toddler neices over I just tell them they love to be petted(which they do)but Auntie has to be the one to hold them.

I'm sorry, Charlotte, but I agree with you, I think you did the right thing. I admire you for doing that, because itwasprobably really hard todo, butwho said doing the right thing was easy, right?Maybe once the dog is a little bit older and better trained...who knows? I definetly think your dog can remember you and is capable of missing you. Dogs are very sensitive, and since you've had him since February, I'm sure he probably does miss you.

But like Vicky said, remember all the good times you had with your pup! Edited by: NCsmile6
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you all for your support. I am sure I will deal with this better as time goes by. You guys are right...I will just think of the good times with my puppy, and I also have no doubt that I did the right thing. Thanks guys! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] Charlotte
    Spring is here!